Stephen Meldal Foged
Stephen Meldal Foged, 3D Artist
Cedervangen 94, 3450 Allerød. +45 29665591, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Born 1975 in Århus, Denmark, married to Eva who is a psychologist. Together we have twin boys Adam and Daniel, born 2007 and younger brother Oskar born 2013.
- I have worked in the computer games industry since 1998, having excelled in areas such as 3D graphics and animation, 2D graphics and video production.
- Throughout my career I’ve been recognized for being an innovative and up to date problem solver, always seeking to improve procedures and finding new and better ways of doing things.
- Team projects are where I add most value, I connect different disciplines and especially enjoy working closely with programmers. I have always been credited for being a good spirited co-worker who never has a “bad day” and I approach work systematically and with lots of humor. For many years I have worked in an Agile environment, where I have recognized the goal and importance of getting the most out of given resources.
- In addition to art tasks, I have participated in the conceptual part of creative projects, being active in brain storms, idea generation, and pitching ideas.
- 3D characters, rigging, 3D environments and assets, 3d world building and lightmapping, textures, unwrapping, low poly modeling, high poly modeling, lighting, camera, rendering, etc.
- Video production, editing, motion graphics.
- Tech artist: Link between content creators and programmers, asset management, defining pipeline and procedures.
- Engines: Unity3D, Ogre3D, Intrinsic Alchemy, RenderWare Studio.
- Expert: 3D Studio Max, Mental Ray, Max scripts/plugins, Photoshop, Premiere Pro, Sony Vegas, Perforce, SVN, etc.
- Familiar with: After effects, Maya, InDesign, Dreamweaver, etc.
3D Artist , Books & magic 2014 – present
- Augmented reality games
- Created all 3d graphics for the AR games, modelling of characters and rigging, environments and game assets.
- Animation, character, creatures and mechanical
- Particle effects and look development
- Video production for marketing, rendering of 3d animation, editing and motion graphics.
- Continues development of asset pipeline, for a logical and manageable art production.
3D Artist, Copenhagen Creators / Red zebra games, 2013 – 2014
- Mobile games, 2D and 3D, casual games, fantasy fighting games.
- 3D asset production, 3D characters, 3D rigging, 2D textures, 3D animation, 3D rendering.
3D Artist and team leader, Jack-pot, 2011 – 2012
- Gambling machine game production, including 3D asset production, 3D characters, 3D rigging, 2D textures, 3D animation, 3D rendering, technical setup, production pipeline, game design, video production.
3D Artist, ITE/NDS Denmark, 2001 – 2011
- Involved in many types of game and media production, including 3D asset production, 3D characters, 3D rigging, 2D textures, 3D animation, 3D rendering, level design, tech artist with various engines, video processing, 2D STB games, idea generation, concept development.
- Games: Hugo: Agent Hugo Robo Rumble (PS2), Hugo: Agent Hugo (PS2), Hugo: Cannon Cruise (PS2), Hugo: Bukkazoom (PS2), Hugo: The Evil Mirror (PS), Hugo: Black Diamond Fever (PS), Hugo - Frog Fighter (PS).
Instructor, IT Akademi Midtjylland, 2000 –2001
- 3D Studio Max, Photoshop, computer usage.
3D Artist, KO Interactive, Pittsburgh PA, 1998 – 1999
- Pre rendered 3D graphics for games.
Teachers Assistant, Art Institute of Pittsburgh, 1997 – 1998
- 3D Studio Max class, tutor to 3D Studio Max students.
- Associate degree in Computer Animation & Multimedia, October 1998.
- Art institute of Pittsburgh – Pittsburgh PA, USA. Honors student.
- Rudolf Steiner Skolen i Vejlby Risskov, grade 1 – 12, graduated 1994.
- De Bono Thinking Hats certified.
- English and Danish, written and spoken.
- Player on the 2004 Danish national team, placing 7th in the world championship.
- Former President of the club, Copenhagen Flying Circus.
- Computers: Graphics, utilities, system tools, productivity tools backup.
- Computer games.
- Active member of local community - playground representative.