About the Programme
The Webinar series titled ‘Mathematical initiatives for Engineers 'aims to bring to the awareness of Budding Engineers the relevance of Mathematics to practicing Engineers.
Mathematics is being taught as an integral part of the Engineering Curriculum. Engineers find plenty of applications of Mathematics in practice as well as in research.
But the young aspirants entering Engineering Education often wonder how the Mathematical Knowledge comes to help in designing, developing, and testing systems. Many times, they get swept off by the waves of Theorems, Lemmas, and proofs, often wondering why all these are required for an Engineer to build systems. Necessarily they should appreciate the relevance of learning Mathematics, keeping practical visions also side by side. In short, mathematics should be learned to the subject, accepting that it is going to support the Engineer in practice. In essence, how, where, and when Mathematics comes to the help of a practicing engineer at various professional levels, has to be appreciated right from the beginning of the Engineering education.
Through this initiative, the Engineering applications from subject experts are proposed to be discussed through online lectures and demonstrations with the following objectives.
1. Generate interest in Engineering for the new entrants.
2. Appreciation of relevance of Mathematics, where when and how in Engineering.
3. Develop younger generation with an urge to attain professionalism in Engineering.
4. Emerging Technology vis-à-vis Mathematical support required to meet the challenges.
5. Relevance of Interdisciplinary projects and the opportunities therefrom.
6. Various opportunities of each engineering branch.
7. Employability Enhancement.
8. Professionalism with ethical and human values.
It is hoped that seeing a possible application in Engineering, the students would start appreciating the topics in Mathematics.
Number of participants: 88 Number of institutions represented: 24 List of Participants