Chromebook Student/Parent Contract
Families are asked to sign a contract that defines the expectations associated with using a device at school.
Click here for: Chromebook Student/Parent Contract
- Student is expected to adhere to the district acceptable use agreement.
- Student is expected to adhere to the district technology policy.
- The district monitors how computers are used.
- Families are responsible for theft, loss, or damage. Insurance is available to help offset the cost or loss and repairs.
Click here for: Cost of insurance and repair for a device
Getting Started on your Chromebook
You will find the Chromebook to be different than your home Mac or PC. Here are some general tips for using your school device.
Manage your WiFi connections
Google provides these instructions for managing your WiFi connections. This includes automatically connecting, setting prefered networks, and forgetting networks.
Information on connecting to your home WiFi .
Connect your device to MPSD-WiFi
- Open Chromebook (it should turn on within 10 seconds. If it does not turn on, press the power button)
*Do Not Log In to the Chromebook*
- Open the Wi-fi settings by clicking the Wi-Fi icon by the clock in the bottom right corner.
- Choose the network entitled “MPSD-WiFi”
- Change the EAP Method to “PEAP”
- Change the Phase 2 Authentication: “MSCHAPv2”
- Change the Server CA Certificate to “do not check”
- Enter your Identity (username without the @manitowocpublicschools.org)
- Enter your password
- Click “connect"
- Log in to the Chromebook with your Google username and password.
Do not login to MPSD-Guest network, this is limited internet access meant for guests of the District.
Printing from a Chromebook at home
We are not able to fully support your home environment. However, Google does provide information about printing from home on a Chromebook.
Using a Chromebook without internet
Chromebooks are designed to used with an internet connection. However, modern Chromebooks allow you to work on a document while offline. This document describes how to use your device while offline.
How are broken devices repaired?
During the school year students bring their Chromebooks to the school library to be serviced. They will receive a loaner to use while their device is being repaired.
During the summer you may bring Chromebooks to the district multi-service center (MSC) for repair 1820 S. 30th Street. Please contact (920) 686-4720 for details.