Library / Media Center
Welcome to the Round Meadow Media Center
Contact information: Kathy Lovely, firstname.lastname@example.org, 818-883-6750 x 23228
Hours of operation: Monday - Wednesday 8 a.m. - 1:30 p.m. and Thursday 8:30 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
About the Media Center
The Round Meadow Library Media Center is a welcoming place where students can explore the wonders of reading and creativity. The library houses an amazing collection of over 15,000 books and magazines, as well as resources for students and staff. Computers are also available for students to access our Follett Catalog of Books, Scholastic Reading Counts! and Book Expert Online, which allows students and their families to search for books by title, author, grade level, Lexile® measure, genre, and topic that are supported by Reading Counts!
How many books can a student check out?
- Students in Grades K and 1 may borrow one book at a time.
- Students in Grade 2 may borrow two books at a time.
- Students in Grades 3 through 5 may borrow three books at a time.
- Parents/Guardians may borrow up to five books at a time. Please visit the library to set up an account.
When are books due?
- Books are checked out for one week at a time for Grades K through 5. Books may be renewed, but they must be brought into the Library for renewal.
What happens if my book is overdue?
- Please note that students are NOT charged a daily overdue fine. Students will be reminded to return overdue books and may not be allowed to check out a new book until the overdue item is returned.
- After 30 days, books will be considered lost and students will be assessed a fine for the item.
What happens if my book is lost/damaged?
- A book is considered lost once 30 days have passed since the original due date. Students with lost or damaged books are unable to check out any library materials.
- Lost/damaged books must be paid for in order to clear student records and reinstate library privileges.
- Payments can be made via the LVUSD site, and a copy of the receipt must be brought or emailed to the library.
- Alternatively, exact cash can be brought to the library.
Does the Media Center | Library accept book donations?
- Yes! New or gently used books may be donated. They will be added to the library collection or provided to an individual classroom.