Chaparral Elementary School Library Media Center
We are busy during the month of January reading our California Young Reader Medal books. Our bookmark contest begins soon, please look for details in the Cub Corner.
How many books can a student check out?
- Students in Grades K may borrow one book at a time.
- Students in Grades 1 through 5 may borrow two books at a time.
- Parents/Guardians may borrow up to five books from the library. Please visit the library to set up an account.
When are books due?
- Books are checked out for one week at a time for Grades K through 5. Books may be renewed, but they must be brought into the Library for renewal.
What happens if my book is overdue?
- Please note that students are NOT charged a daily overdue fine. Students will be reminded to return overdue books and may not be allowed to check out a new book until the overdue item is returned.
- After 30 days, books will be considered lost and students will be assessed a fine for the item.
What happens if my book is lost/damaged?
- A book is considered lost once 30 days have passed since the original due date. Students with lost or damaged books are unable to check out any library materials.
- Lost/damaged books must be paid for in order to clear student records and reinstate library privileges.
- Payments can be made via the LVUSD site, and a copy of the receipt must be brought to the library.
- Alternatively, exact cash can be brought to the library.