Stowe High School
Grade 9 - 12
Class Description, Content and Proficiencies
Welcome to Tim Ziegler's Honors Chemistry, Honors Physics, and AP Physics I classes.
Homework Calendar, Assignments and Scores
The homework calendar, class assignments and assignment scores and feedback are posted in Schoology for all classes. Parents and guardians can view these items by creating a parent account. Instructions on creating a parent account can be found HERE.
Important Class Information
Note to students and parents
Students are expected to:
1. Recognize that in this classroom and school, I am responsible for my own learning. I realize that should the opportunity or need to reassess arise, it is my responsibility to notify my teacher that I wish to pursue reassessment, to complete any additional practice opportunities provided by my instructor, and that mere completion does not mandate a grade change. I realize that hard work and studying is the key to raising my level of mastery, and that while I may not achieve a score of proficient on all assessments, I should continually strive to master the concepts with which I struggle. Finally, I recognize that work which is not initially completed does not constitute an immediate opportunity to reassess. I am responsible for turning in my work on time.
2. Behave in an orderly manner and respect the rights of others to learn.
3. Follow all laboratory safety rules at all times.
4. Come to class each day with a pen, pencil, ruler, scientific calculator, lab book, 3 ring binder, and
your textbook. An organized notebook is a class requirement that may be collected and assessed.
5. Follow all school policies regarding absence and lateness.
Teacher Commitments: I hope to provide a learning environment that allows you to be actively engaged in meaningful activities and understand the above topics. I intend to come to class prepared to teach, follow school policies, and grade you fairly and objectively. Learning Scales will be used to guide you to proficiency.
In a Proficiency-based system, we are committed to providing students who are not initially able to demonstrate their desired level of mastery additional opportunities to do so. Those opportunities may come later in the school year, or they may be provided through reassessment, extended learning opportunities, or alternative, personalized learning opportunities. Each of these opportunities will include a necessary demonstration that additional practice has occurred, and will be offered in a timely manner.