Longwood Junior High School
Teamwork: Together We Build Success
Longwood Junior High School Counseling Program
The mission of the LJHS Mental Health team is to provide a data-driven comprehensive school counseling program which promotes the academic, social/emotional, and career development of all students. By building partnerships with other educators, parents/guardians, and the community, school counselors will continually strive to ensure that all students develop the skills, knowledge, and understanding necessary to be college and career ready upon graduation. Through leadership, advocacy, and collaboration, school counselors will ensure that all students reach their maximum potential.
The beliefs of the Longwood Junior High School Counseling Program:
- All students can achieve and meet high standards that will result in academic success.
- All students have a right to a safe and supportive learning environment.
- All students should have access and opportunity for a high quality education.
- All students should graduate high school prepared for college and career success.
- The school counseling program serves a central role in meeting students’ developmental needs through interventions in academic, career, and personal/social domains.
- A comprehensive school counseling program stimulates student learning.
- Student needs can be best met through a data-driven comprehensive school counseling program in collaboration with all stakeholders.
- The American School Counselor Association’s ethical standards and ASCA Mindsets & Behaviors for Student Success should guide the work of the school counseling program.
- School counselors can and should be leaders in the school and district.