Middle School Counselor
476 N Missouri BoulevardRogersville, Mo 65742Phone Number: 417- 753-2896Fax Number: 417-753-7716 Email address: email@example.com
New Procedure to see the Counselor
If you need to visit with me, please complete the attached form.
I will make an appointment to see you depending on the level of need.
2020-2021 School Year
New Student Enrollment
- Monday, Wednesday, Friday beginning on Wednesday, August 5th.
- Call LRMS at 753-2896 to make an appointment
- Students who are new to the district must provide proof of residency and current immunization records.)
- All students entering 8th grade are required by the state of Missouri to have a Tdap, tetanus, diphtheria, and pertussis (Tdap) and a meningococcal vaccine (MCV) before entering their 8th grade year. Contact Middle School Nurse Tammy Fitzpatrick with any questions at 417-753-5227.
FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL – MONDAY, AUGUST 24th
Ways to Cope
APPs for Mindfulness
- Headspace: Free Mediation App
- Calm Harm: Free App to Cope with Self-Harm
- Calm App: Free Stress Reducing App
World Health Organization
COVID-19 Parenting Information
Meet Mrs. Byrom
While this is my second year working as the Logan-Rogersville Middle School Counselor, I am not new to the school district. I have been an LR Wildcat for 25 years (12 years as a teacher and 13 years as a student)! I previously taught English Learners (EL) grades PreK -12 and 7th and 8th grade ELA at Logan-Rogersville, 4 years of Pre K ESL at Monett, and 2 years of English in Honduras and Thailand. I am so excited about the 2019-2020 school year and the privilege to work with such a great group of LR Wildcats!
Middle School Counseling Goals
The role of the counselor is to provide necessary and essential support for students in the areas of social/emotional development, academic development, and career development. Each area of development has goals which can be achieved either through district wide, grade level, small groups, or individual programs.
- Focuses on developing skills and strategies to help understand one's role as a member of a diverse society by learning how to respectfully interact with others and develop skills to deal with difficult situations.
- Focuses on developing skills to assist academic and transitioning success.
- Focuses on providing information about different careers, developing goals and creating a path to help reach these goals.