Science Dept.- Mesa
Welcome to Mesa's Science page. Please use the links in the top corner to access individual teacher pages and see below to meet our Science teachers.
7th Grade Essential Standards
- I can explain how and why the Earth’s crust moves and provide the evidence of fossils, rocks, and the shapes of the continents.
- I can describe how the processes of “Photosynthesis and Cellular Respiration” work together to allow matter and energy to flow in and out of living things.
- I can explain how living things react with each other and their environment.
- I can identify the states of matter and explain why they change from one state to another as well as how temperature causes the state to change.
- I can use measurement tools to determine the characteristics of matter and to know if a physical or chemical change has happened.
- I can describe the structure of atoms and simple molecules and know if it is an element, compound, or mixture and build models to represent them.
8th Grade Essential Standards
- I can construct an argument supported by 2 pieces of evidence about how human consumption has affected Earth’s Systems.
- I can make a claim given evidence about gravitational Interactions.
- I can develop and use models to explain earth, moon, sun system phenomenon.
- I can provide Evidence and Reasoning to support the claim “Life on Earth has adapted and changed”.
- I can plan an investigation to gather evidence to support how an object's motion depends on forces being applied and the object's mass.
- I can develop and use a model to describe that waves are reflected, absorbed, or transmitted through various materials.
Science 7, HealthHi Everyone! My name is Mr. Reeves and I’m a Science teacher at Mesa Middle School. I teach 7th grade Science and the 7th grade Health elective class. I’ve been teaching at Mesa for 20 years and I look forward to teaching my future students this school year.
Science 7Hi, I’m Mrs. Heinrich and I’ll be your Seventh Grade Science Teacher this year. We’ll have an exciting time learning about “Matter & Chemistry”, “How the Earth Moves”, “How Plants Make and Use Energy” as well as “How Humans Effect our World’s Natural Ecosystems”. I love to laugh and have fun along with the learning. I’ll need help from all of you to to spice it up and send me cool connections, GIFs and whatever you find interesting. Just surprise me!
Science 8My name is Ms. Ferree, 8th grade science teacher. Welcome to your favorite class! Some things to know about me:
- I love surfing, hiking, puppies, and peanut butter.
- I graduated from Cal Poly SLO with a Biology degree.
- Just like you, I am anxious and excited about this upcoming school year - we will figure it out and do great things together!
Science 8, AVIDWelcome Future Scientists! My name is Ms. Mosley, but most students call me Ms. Mo. I am so excited to be able to spend a year with you investigating the world around us. I hope that during this time you become a better critical thinker, data analyst, observer, and communicator. Although I know we are in strange times, I hope to empower you to think about science outside the classroom. The more you know, the more wise and informed decisions you can make in life. So, get ready for a year like no other!