Class of 2019!!!!
Seniors, parents & guardians!
It is the second semester of SENIOR year!
Graduation will be at
10:00 am on Saturday, June 15, 2019 at Leland and Gray.
Check this website for information on senior activities.
Any questions? Please contact class Advisor: Barbara G. Marchant
Updated 1/15/2019 / 1:30 pm
Cap & Gown Update
On January 14, 2019, the seniors met and accepted the results of a survey that indicated that a majority of the students who voted would prefer WHITE caps & gowns.
Order forms are in. For more information: Jostens Order Form Info
Senior photos and quotes for the year book were due on December 21.
Congratulations seniors for getting your photos and quotes in on time!
If you are one of a handful of students who did not meet the deadline, please see Ms. Grasso.
Senior Video Photos
If you did not provide photos for the senior video, please get them to Samantha DeRosia electronically or bring in photos. We can scan them for you if necessary.
The senior class outing will be on Friday night, May 17. Those interested in going are willing to pay $20 - 25 toward transportation. The rest will be paid for with class funds. Six Flags Senior Events
- Class funds = $6657.00 minus Newton Award = $5657.oo
- The Class met on January 14. The following was decided/discussed.
- Caps and gowns will be WHITE.
- Nominations for the John Newton Award were requested.
- The John Newton Award was established in appreciation of Principal (1969-1977) John Newton.
It is given to a student who has demonstrated leadership and academic accomplishment at L&G. Funded by the senior class, the recipient is chosen by the faculty based on nomination from the senior class. The student does not have to be college-bound.
- Erin Cutts suggested a senior night at the school instead of Project Grad. She will write a proposal for Mr. Thibault.
- The Class met on Sept. 19. The following was discussed:
- Project Graduation or After Prom Party?
- There was little interest in an after prom party.
- The following students agreed to form a committee and discuss Project Grad.: Sarah A., Sam T., Evan B., Emily F. and Lucas Newton.
2. Class Trip (Other than Six Flags)
- Much interest here! Discussion centered around having big class trip and no Project Grad. or after prom party. More discussion needed.
- Class Trip Committee: the following students agreed to be on this committee on October 23:
Mike F., Jacob A., Kaie Q., Dean T., Dylan P., Sierra F., Jillian C., Erin C., Ben K., Shane W., Colton B., Christian T., and Fox P.
- Fundraising: the senior class, Spain trip & sophomore class are sharing "chuck-a-duck" fundraiser at basketball games.