Pennsylvania SBDC

Shuttered Venue Operators Grant (SVOG)

Resource Guide


Have questions about the Shuttered Venue Operators Grant (SVOG)?

Start Here!

The U.S. Small Business Administration is responsible for administering the grant and processing applications.

For the most up to date information, visit:

Important Preparation Steps

Step 1: Get a DUNS Number
(if you don't have one already)

A DUNS number is a nine-digit identification number provided by Dun and Bradstreet. You may already have one from other business transactions. If you need one, visit to apply for a FREE DUNS number.

Step 2: Register in SAM
(if you haven't already)

The System for Award Management (SAM) is the federal government's grant receipient and vendor management system. To receive an SVOG, you must be registered in SAM.

For assistance, view the video above. To register, visit

Questions about the program?

View this training video

The SBA put together an informational webinar on SVOG eligibility and the application process. This should answer most logistical questions about the program. Click the video to the left to watch.

Have a question that's not answered above?

Request no-cost assistance from the Pennsylvania SBDC below. You will be connected to a consultant that can help answer your question.

Please note - the SBDC's can help answer SVOG-related questions, but they are not able to submit applications on your behalf.