Instructor: Mr. lassiter
9th Grade Physical Education/Health
Advanced PE - Yoga/Kickboxing
Course Name -9th grade Physical Education/Health
Physical Education is an essential and basic part of the total education program. It is a process that contributes to the total development of every student through physical activity and recognizes the physical, mental, emotional and social characteristics of students. The Physical Education program provides a variety of movement experiences to help all students develop the skills, knowledge, and attitudes necessary to function effectively in society.
Health class provides students with information that will give them the knowledge of how to make appropriate life choices regarding mental, physical, emotional well-being. Students will participate through writing; class discussion; projects; and group activities.
- Flag Football/ Ultimate Frisbee
- Volleyball/ Floor Hockey
- Indoor Games
- Weight Training
- Team handball
- Wellness and Stress
- Consumer Health
- Communicable Diseases
- Drugs, Alcohol and Tobacco
- First Aid CPR and AED
Course Name -Yoga/Cardio Kickboxing
Yoga is designed to introduce students safely to techniques; postures; breathing and relaxation methods of yoga. Cardio Kickboxing is designed to introduce students safely to punching and kicking techniques used in martial arts directed at kicking and punching hand targets and bags.
The secondary portion of the course is designed to introduce various “Fitness Club Classes”. This portion of the Course will explore a variety of lifelong fitness activities that they can participate in to promote a vibrant and healthy life.
- Relaxation and Stretching
Cardio Kickboxing and Fitness
- Kickboxing Aerobics
- Kickboxing Conditioning (using targets to strike)
- Body Sculpt (using weights and resistance bands)
- Step Aerobics
- Boxing Conditioning (using targets to strike)
- Sports Conditioning
- Boot Camp Conditioning
- Yoga mat
- Yoga block
- Notebook (to keep as a Yoga Journal)
Suggested, but not required
- Wrist Wraps
- Bag gloves
- Jump Rope
- Compression shorts
Homework is generally studying for an upcoming test or finishing up an assignment that was not completed in the classroom.
- If I’m absent I should check/click here…..
- Resources for the class…check/click here…
- This teacher uses: Google Classroom (click here)/Canvas (click here)/Vision (click here)
- Where can I go if I need help in this class? Click here…
- Technology Used in the class
- Students will need their cell phones/will not need their cell phones for …
- Parents can join classes by going here…