This is my thirty-first year in the classroom, and my second at Heritage. I graduated from JMU in 1989 with a degree in Theatre and English. I earned my Master's Degree in English from George Mason University in 1997.
I have taught grades 7-12 in my career. I am really excited about teaching 9th grade this year! I am also looking forward to Public Speaking and Creative Writing.
I have been married to my husband, Scott, for 23 years. We have 6 children ranging in age from 16 to 27.
I look forward to an amazing year!
- If I’m absent I should check/click here….. All slide shows from each day and copies of work (with the exception of vocabulary) can be found in Google Classroom
- Resources for the class…check/click here…All resources are in Google Classroom. We also use a vocabulary book that students should bring to class.
- This teacher uses: Google Classroom (click here)/Canvas (click here)/Vision (click here)
- Google Classroom
- Where can I go if I need help in this class? Click here…
-Mrs. Crawford has 4th and 5th block off and is available for help by appointment during those times. She is also available by appointment any day except Mondays before and after school. I am happy to help any time! The RWC (Reading Writing Center) is also open every block every day, so students may go there for help with English-related concerns.
- Technology Used in the class We will use Newsella, No Red Ink, and Google Classroom. Students should have their devices with them and charged every day.
- Students will need their cell phones/will not need their cell phones for … Students should not need to use a cell phone unless their Chromebook is not with them or charged.
- Parents can join classes by going here… If you would like to join your child's class, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org for the code.