Digital Learning updates b5:
For parents & students to stay current, use this weekly agenda below:
Where is Mr. Hastings?
<<< Use this schedule to find me during the school day!
WHat do you need?
1. Come prepared to learn daily with a positive attitude.
2. Control what you can control daily - staying positive, being eager to grow and learn!
3. Leave phone in your locker or backpack. Students will not need their cell phones for class.
4. If you're absent you are responsible for making up work.
Mr Hastings uses Google Class for everything...
- Homework: Use the Google Class Stream to find assignments that are due.
- Sync your device with Classroom assignment calendar or your personal cell phone
- If absent - check Google Class to see what you missed.
- All resources for classes can be found on Google Class
- If you need help in class I am available A2, A4 or on special request (Come by or email)
- Technology is used frequently in class!
b5 Wh1 syllabus
This is the WH1 syllabus for Mr. Hastings class!
Hi, I'm Mr. Hastings!
I am a Learning Resource Social Science teacher at Heritage, where I teach World History 1 & I am the instructor for the Pride Leadership Program. I teach World History with Mrs. Horton, Mr. Potts, and Miss Merriman.
This will be my 8th year at HHS, 11th overall in LCPS. Previous to HHS, I was an Assistant Athletic Director at the high school level as well as a former varsity wrestling, lacrosse and football coach.
Prior to teaching, I attended West Virginia University where I earned my Bachelor’s degree in Physical Education/Teacher Education. Upon graduating from WVU, I earned a Master’s degree from George Mason University in Education with a certification in secondary social sciences. Outside of work I enjoy spending time with my wife, chocolate lab (Morgan), running, fitness, reading and going to WVU Football games!