Personal Finance/Economics/Resource Teacher
Originally from San Diego, California, I enjoyed a successful first career traveling the world as a product manager for a high-tech firmware company. I fully appreciate the need for our students to be both personally and economically literate when they enter the workplace in a few short years. My background also fostered a interest in supporting students who learn differently.
In addition to teaching courses in personal finance and economics, I also serve as case manager for students with learning differences. In this role, I work with students and their families to understand their academic and life goals to create an Individual Educational Plan to achieve those goals. To aid in this process, I encourage students and parents to visit the resource tabs on this web page to find links for some of the tools we will use to plan for the annual IEP meeting.
My educational background includes a Masters degree in Special Education from Shenandoah University, a Bachelors in International Business from San Diego State University, and French fluency certifications from Université d'Aix-Marseilles and the French Chamber of Commerce.
Fall 2020 Schedule
Schoology Class Pages
Once classes are assigned, you will Click on your class above to get to your Schoology page. All assignments will be posted
Schoology and students are responsible for checking in daily to check for upcoming assignment/test/quiz dates. If you are absent, you will still be expected to complete assignments. I encourage students to contact me directly with any questions or special circumstances such as if you believe may be absent for more than a day or two. Because these are semester classes (not a full year) there is a lot of information to cover in a short time, it is important to me that we don't get behind and become overwhelmed.
Personal Finance/Econ FAQs
- If am absent how do I know what I missed? ANSWER: Check our Schoology page, if you still have questions, you may email me (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- If I am absent will I still have to take a test if one is given on the day I return? ANSWER: Yes, because any information you need to study will be posted in our Schoology page. If you have questions or confusion about the material please contact me or see me during my planning or study hall blocks. We want to keep everyone on pace as much as possible so that no one gets behind and overwhelmed.
- How can I find additional resources for the class? ANSWER: Check Schoology, if you still have questions, please email me (email@example.com) or come find me during my planning or study hall blocks.
- I need my phone in class! ANSWER: You will NOT need a cell phone at anytime during class. In fact, you will be asked to store your phone during the block. If there is an emergency, students can be reached anytime by calling the front office (571-252-2800). They will call directly to the classroom.
- What technology do I need to bring to class? ANSWER: You will need your Chromebook and headphones that work with your Chromebook for online finance and economy modules, games, vocabulary exercises, and assessments.
- Can parents join our Schoology page? ANSWER: Yes, parents are welcome to join our page, students have the option to invite them at anytime.
- Any other questions... email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.