American Sign Language Teacher
Welcome to the American Sign Language program at Heritage High School!
This is my 15th year teaching ASL at the high school level and my fourth year serving as an ASL Curriculum Leader for LCPS. I am truly passionate about ASL & Deaf culture and it is my hope that you will be too after completing your first year of ASL!
Together we will learn about the fundamental aspects of the Deaf community. We will work towards mastery in sign production, creativity, the use of non-manual signals, contextual accuracy, fluency, and comprehension in ASL.
Participation is a huge part of ASL. Come to class everyday prepared, ready to do improvisational activities, and be willing to participate in a voice off environment.
At home, spend time with your family and enjoy being a young person.
- Absent? Check Google Classroom & the "extras" folder
- Resources for the class are located in Google Classroom under "Course Materials."
- Need help? If you need me, come see me and if you don’t know what to say, come anyway because I do.
- Students should always bring their school issued device to class; we will use these frequently.
- Cell phone use is permitted if use is class related.
- Parents can request access to Google Classroom by emailing Kerri.Coy@lcps.org