Current Employment Opportunities
The Village of Lakemoor offers rewarding employment opportunities in a wide variety of positions. Municipal government offers people the opportunity to serve the community as well as work in a professional and career fulfilling environment. Explore our employment opportunities often and consider working for a well-respected community.
The Village values employee diversity and offers an environment where shared goals, performance standards and a common vision of the future guide the efforts of every employee. Hiring, advancement and rewards depend solely on ability, performance and contribution to our organizational goals without regard to age, gender, race, ethnic origins, physical abilities, religious beliefs, sexual orientation or other perceived differences that do not relate to ability, performance and contribution at work
Part-Time Police Officer
Must possess appropriate certification by the Illinois Law Enforcement Training and Standards Board
$23.00 Per Hour Flexible Hours
The Village of Lakemoor is accepting applications for the position of Part-Time Police Officer.
- 21 years of age
- High school graduate (or equivalent)
- No felony convictions or domestic violence arrests
- Possess and maintain a valid driver's license
- Possess appropriate certification by the Illinois Law Enforcement Training and Standards Board
- Currently employed in law enforcement or separated in good standing from a law enforcement agency
Duties include (but not limited to):
- Enforcement of traffic and criminal Statute and local ordinance
- Investigate traffic accidents
- Write detailed offense/incident reports
- Provide emergency response and assistance as needed
- Attend court as needed
- Attend training as assigned
- Qualify with on and off-duty weapons
- Work any and all shifts, including holidays, weekends, and midnights
All qualified applicants will be required to pass a thorough background investigation, pre-employment drug screening, and a psychological evaluation.