BOARD & POLICIES
KSED is governed by two boards, the Governing Board and the Executive Board. The Governing Board is made of one elected School Board member from each member district. This body typically meets two times each school year. The powers of the Governing Board include:
- Voting on including and excluding districts from KSED membership
- Hold an annual budget hearing and approve the final annual budget of the Joint Agreement
- Recommend or approve amendments to the Articles of Joint Agreement
- Employ the Executive Director, and ratify the dismissal or suspension of employees
- Provide for administration, staff program, financing, housing and transportation
- Consider and approve contracts with the KSEA
The KSED Executive Board is comprised of at least two representative Superintendents from each member county. The Executive Board serves as the advisory body to the Governing Board. The Executive Board meets on a monthly basis. Duties of Executive Board include:
- Expend funds within limits as provided in the adopted budget
- Contract for services
- Certify all payments of the Joint Agreement be made
- Bill each member school district for its share of the cost of the programs and administration
- Employ all staff except the Executive Director.
- Provide methods and charges whereby KSED member districts may contract for support services such as psychology, speech, social work, etc.
- Discipline, reduce force, and otherwise terminate the employment of certified staff, professional, and non-professional educational support staff.
- Make recommendations to the Governing Board.
- Oversee the monthly operations of the Joint Agreement.
2017-2018 KSED Board Members
This is a link to a public Google Drive folder. It contains documents such as the board schedule of meetings, board meeting agendas, and board meeting minutes.