NEW STUDENT ONLINE ENROLLMENT
Everything you need to know to enroll your child in Manchester City Schools.
welcome letter from the director of schools
dr. joey vaughn
Dear Manchester City Schools Families:
On behalf of the MCS Board of Education and all of us who work with and support your children, I want to welcome you to the 2020-2021 school year. We are incredibly excited about the opportunity to work with our students, families, and community. As a district we focus on four (4) core areas with an unwavering belief that “Every Child Matters.” Our core is built around relationships, learning, innovation and community and we are committed to preparing our students for success.
We are blessed with outstanding families, a dedicated staff, talented students, and a community that supports its schools. The following are a few other highlights that make Manchester City Schools a special place:
Tradition - We have great tradition, but the best still lies ahead.
Serving this Community - We are and will be responsive to the needs of the students in this community. We are here to serve this community and make it proud.
Every student matters - We know every student and family and are committed to student growth.
We are the perfect size – Our district is large enough to offer all of the programs that assist in the learning process, but small enough for our students to receive personalized attention in a safe and supportive environment.
Academic Fundamentals - We believe strongly in fundamentals and are committed to providing a solid foundation for all of our students in reading, writing and in mathematics.
Well-Rounded Education - Our extra-curricular programs are outstanding. They are designed to allow students to truly have the all-around education that we hope for. We offer art, music, athletics, and are expanding our STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Mathematics) program.
Dedicated and Passionate Staff - We have incredible people throughout the system that are passionately dedicated to the students of this district.
These are just a few of the many things that are special about the Manchester City School District. As we look at this school year, we are passionately committed to improving student achievement, the overall student experience, and doing so in as efficient and effective way as possible. While we are proud of where we have been, we know that our best days are yet to come. Thank you for your time and for choosing Manchester City Schools
Best wishes for an outstanding school year,
Dr. Joey Vaughn
Enroll/Register for School
Manchester City Schools has partnered with Skyward to manage the student information system for online enrollment.
Translation services will be available. If needed, contact the Manchester City Schools Central Office at (931)728-2316 to make an appointment.
RETURNING STUDENT REGISTRATION 2020-2021: IS NOW OPEN!
Those students who are already enrolled will be entered automatically into their next grade level and/or onto to their next progressive school. If you have a student already enrolled in a Manchester City Schools, please visit your Skyward Family Access Account to complete registration information. Do not complete the New Registration process if your child is currently enrolled at Manchester City Schools.
NEW STUDENT REGISTRATION 2020-2021 for K-8 Now Available
Please read the information below before clicking on the button to enter new student online registration. If you already have a Family Access Skyward account because the new child has siblings already enrolled, you can enroll the new younger student using your current Family Access account by clicking the *NEW* Student Enrollment tab. Pre-K students do not need to use this method of enrollment.
Prior to completing the New Student Enrollment Process, you will want to scan and save copies of the necessary items(immunizations, proof of residence, birth certificate, Drivers' License). If you do not have a scanner, you can use your cell phone and a choice of multiple free apps like Notes from your iPhone (video explainer)(pdf explainer), Google Drive (iOS/Android), Adobe Scan or Genius Scan to take photos of the documents and access through cloud based services or email to yourself. You will also want to give each image file a descriptive name to make browsing for the correct file easier. Acceptable files types are .JPG, .PNG, or .PDF.
Skyward New Student Enrollment Process:
Due to software limitations, only one legal guardian will see the New Student Online Enrollment option. If you do not see it, the other guardian should login with their Family Access Account.
Translation services will be available. If needed, contact the Manchester City Schools Central Office at (931)728-2316 to make an appointment. For the best user experience, we recommend using a computer and the Chrome browser. For language support, you may want to utilize the Google Webpage Translator for Chrome.
Ensure your pop-up blocker is set to allow pop-ups from Family Access. Instructions
• Children must be 5 years old by August 15, 2020 in order to enroll in kindergarten for the 2020-2021 school year.
• Pre-K students are not guaranteed acceptance due to specific criteria for placement in these programs. Contact Dana Morris for more information at (931)728-2316, ext. 2012 for more Pre-K information.
• If you are interested in a kindergarten early entry application for a child who does not meet the age requirement, please call Carolyn Davidson at (931)728-2316, ext. 2000. Kindergarten early entry applications are only available for children who turn 5 between August 16th, 2020 and September 30, 2020.
Birth Certificate or alternative proof of age (e.g. Passport) - The birth certificate must be from the Bureau of Vital Statistics issued by the state in which the child was born. This is different from the mother's copy. The certified birth certificate will have a raised seal. TN birth certificates can be obtained via the Coffee County Health Department at 931-723-5134 ($15 cost)
Tennessee Certificate of Immunization - To get a Tennessee Department of Health Certificate of Immunization, new student parents should contact their child's health care provider or the Health Department to schedule an appointment for a physical. At that time, any additional shots that may be needed will be given to meet state requirements for entrance into school and a Certificate of Immunization will be issued. A sample of the Certificate of Immunization can be found here.
Proof of Residence - Proof of residence is current utility bills – electric, gas or water – with the parent's name and address printed on it. Utility bills provided as prof of residence must be dated within 30 days prior to enrollment. If parents have not been living at the residence long enough to have a utility bill, a lease on a house or apartment will be accepted, or you can get a statement from the utility company showing you have started service at the specific address.
Drivers' License - the person completing the enrollment must provide a copy of their drivers' license as proof that they are the legal guardian of the child and have legal custody with the ability to enroll the child in Manchester City Schools.
If you currently have a student Enrolled in One of Our Schools and Need to Enroll a New Student for the 2020-2021 School Year:
1. Log into your Family Access Account then select New Student Online Enrollment
2. Complete the Application and click to submit (for detailed instructions refer to the instructions below for the Application Process beginning with #3).
3. Required Documents: Upload during the process, or bring required documents to your child’s school. Required Document options are listed above and more instructions for uploading are available in Step 3 below.
If you are New to Manchester City Schools:
Step 1: Request an Account
• Click the Skyward Enrollment Portal graphic at the bottom of this page to create an account for a New Student.
• Complete the required fields then click on “Click Here to Submit Online Enrollment Account Request.” An email will then generate to the email address provided with a login and password along with a link for the parent/guardian to access the application portal.
Step 2: The Enrollment Application Form
• Use the link provided in the email you received to access the portal.
• Instructions on completing the online application form are displayed below.
Step 3: You may scan your required documents and upload them to the required documents section of this process or bring them to the child’s school.
Prior to completing this step, you will want to scan and save copies of the necessary items. If you do not have a scanner, you can use your cell phone and a free app like Google Drive (iOS/Android), Adobe Scan or Genius Scan to take photos of the documents and access through cloud based services or email to yourself. You will also want to give each image file a descriptive name to make browsing for the correct file easier. Acceptable files types are .JPG, .PNG, or .PDF.
All New Students to Manchester City Schools:
Instructions for Completing the Online Application Form
For Parents/Guardian: The Enrollment Application Form
1. The link provided in the email takes you to the application portal button below to obtain a login via email to the online application process. (For Skyward language translation, open link in a browser or other app with a built-in translator).
2. There are 6 steps to the application with instructions for each area.
3. Note that anywhere you see an (*) asterisk, this is a required field. Most of the information in the Family/Guardian section will be populated with information already in Skyward for your other child(ren) and locked for editing. To make changes to information that is locked, you will need to contact the school of your currently enrolled child.
4. As you complete each step, you will have the option to complete and move to the next step or to complete that step only. Choose to complete that step only if you plan to save and continue later. After properly completing each step, you will see a green check and a completed date.
5. Once you Complete Step 6 you will see a review of all steps. All steps must show a Date Completed to the Right. Each step can be viewed or edited at this time, and the application is printable.
6. The last step is for the parent/guardian to click to “Submit Application to the District”. Once you’ve submitted the application, it can be viewed but not edited.
7. Once you submit the application, the system will take you to the summary page. If there is a sibling to enroll, click the button “Click to Enroll Additional Students”.
8. If the system does not allow you to click to submit, please review each step to ensure each step has been submitted even if you haven’t added data to that page.
Get help on the following topics