Pomona Area Elementary Band and Orchestra
Schedule for 5th grade band and orchestra:
- Little Elementary: Tuesdays 9:45 - 10:25 and Thursdays 8:35 - 9:15
- Parr Elementary: Mondays 8:35 - 9:15 and Wednesdays 10:25 - 11:05
- Warder Elementary: Mondays 9:45 - 10:25 and Wednesdays 8:30 - 9:15
- Weber Elementary: Tuesdays 8:35 - 9:15 and Thursdays 9:45 - 10:25
Students are expected to bring their instrument, music book, and a pencil to and from school on the days they have class. To avoid accidents with instruments, students should NOT leave their instruments at school on the days they do not have class.
Our next concert is December 13th at Moore Middle School. This concert will feature the band and orchestra from each elementary school as well as small group and solo performances. Here is the schedule for the concert on December 13th:
- Little Elementary - Students arrive at 5:00 pm and the concert starts at 5:30 pm.
- Warder Elementary - Students arrive at 5:30 pm and the concert starts at 6:00 pm.
- Weber Elementary - Students arrive at 6:00 pm and the concert starts at 6:30 pm.
- Parr Elementary - Students arrive at 6:30 pm and the concert starts at 7:00 pm.
This is our instrumental music handbook full of rules and regulations as well as useful information about concert dates/times, class times and an FAQ section. The formatting is a little weird because it prints out into a little booklet :-)
Below that is our instrumental music registration form. Please fill it out and bring it to Mr. Reynolds, Mr. Reed, your classroom teacher, or the main office at your school. Your student received copies of both these papers on their first day of class.
Students are asked to spend approximately 50 minutes per week practicing their instruments (for example, 10 minutes per day, 5 days per week). Their practicing should be recorded on the practice card that was handed out in class. If your student loses their practice card, feel free to ask your teacher for another one, or simply print a new one out.