Incoming Kindergarten Families
Lukas Elementary Kindergarten Program
Lukas Elementary offers Free Full-Day Kindergarten
ENROLLMENT and REGISTRATION
Kindergarten Enrollment began in December for the 2020-21 school year, use EnrollJeffco.
Students must be five or six years old on or before Oct. 1 of the school year to enter kindergarten. Some highly gifted children may be granted early entrance to kindergarten.
Registration for kindergarten begins in December for the following school year. The EnrollJeffco process should be completed. Check with our office for details.
Forms required for registration (registration happens AFTER enrollment):
- Birth Certificate, affidavit, or other reliable document
- Proof of residency (utility bill or lease/purchase agreement)
- Immunization Record
Please bring these documents to the office at Lukas.
In order to facilitate classroom placement for kindergartners, we ask that you fill out an Incoming Kindergarten Questionnaire. Please bring it along with the above documents.
Skills your Child Needs to be Successful in Kindergarten:
- Recognize capital and lowercase letters
- Beginning letter sounds
- Pencil and scissor grip
- Washing hands at appropriate times
- Putting supplies and toys away
- Writing first name
- Counting and recognizing numbers to 20
- Saying “please” and “thank you” at appropriate times
- Recognizing first and last name
- Covering mouth and nose with a tissue or elbow when sneezing or coughing
- Turn taking skills
If you are interested in enrolling in our kindergarten program please contact the main office at 303-982-0368.