Welcome to the GMHS After-Prom page
Take Flight • After Prom 2020 • April 18, 11 p.m.–April 19, 3 a.m.
After-Prom is right around the corner. The student party will be held at GMHS and runs from 11 p.m. to 3 a.m. the night of prom, Saturday April 18, 2020. The party is free and open to all juniors and seniors and their dates, whether they attend prom or not.
This year students can look forward to plenty of activities, music, food and prizes. Last year, many of the kids went home with prizes such as gift cards, cash and event tickets, just to name a few. Between entertainment, decorations, and prizes, our expenses will reach right around $7,000. We are asking the community to make a tax-deductible donation to the Green Mountain Foundation/After-Prom. A $20 donation per family would be greatly appreciated but every little bit helps. In order to successfully host this event, we have structured our After-Prom budget to incorporate revenue producing activities (e.g., Old Chicago Pizza Palz cards, restaurant nights, King Soopers loyalty rewards, business donations). We have Old Chicago Pizza Palz cards available — good for up to a $30 pizza — available for $15, ($7.50 goes to After-Prom). Please contact us if you’re interested in purchasing cards. Listed below are the names and emails of the committee members who have the cards available to sell.
Laura Avila firstname.lastname@example.org
Lisa Kring email@example.com
Kim Gysin firstname.lastname@example.org
Tracy Gibbons email@example.com
Tracy Walkowicz firstname.lastname@example.org
Lisa Lord email@example.com
Katie Policaro firstname.lastname@example.org
Cindy Sark email@example.com
You can make an outright donation in support of GMHS After-Prom by clicking on the Donate button above or clicking here.
You can also send a check to: GMHS After-Prom , 13175 W Green Mountain Drive, Lakewood, CO 80228
We also need volunteers! We will be decorating the school Friday April 17th, from 3 p.m. until 9 p.m. Volunteers are also needed the night of After-Prom to work in the casino, serve food, assist with games, and chaperone. We also need clean up help the morning after. We could use many more adult volunteers for the night of the event and set up and tear down. We will also need items such as food donated. Please help us by clicking on this link to sign up to volunteer:
Thanks for any help you can give!
Your 2019 Green Mountain After-Prom Committee.
- For student safety and to assure a safe and fun After-Prom at GMHS, we ask that you talk with your student about the following:
- A school ID or driver’s license is required for admittance.
- Backpack, messenger bag, or any other type of carrying container will be searched and are discouraged. Please advise your student that if they are planning to change clothes after the dance, they should do so prior to entering After-Prom.
- Water bottles and other liquid containers are NOT permitted. There will be plenty of FREE food and drink available to the students at After-Prom.
- Once students leave, they may NOT return. Exit doors will be monitored by adults.
- No one will be admitted into After-Prom after 1 a.m.
- Underclassmen are allowed if they are a guest of a GMHS junior or senior escorting them to the event.
- If you have any questions, please contact Rebecca Ketchum, Assistant Principal and Activities Director at firstname.lastname@example.org