The Children's Remedial Fund of Steele County is a program intended to provide financial support to eligible families who have children with medical, dental, vision, hearing, school supplies and winter clothing needs.


80% of charges with payment directly to provider; remaining 20% is the responsibility of the applicant. Some exceptions may apply.

Download and Print Applications Here

English Application

Spanish Application

Or request an application from your community school nurse, school social worker or contact the Director at the address below:

Susanne Schroeder, School Social Worker

Owatonna Middle School

500 15th Street NE

Owatonna, MN 55060


To be eligible for the Children's Remedial Fund, families must:

  • Live in Steele County
  • Qualify for free-and-reduced lunch program
  • Children must be 0-18 years old (or up to high school graduation)
  • Have no health care insurance, a high deductible or other financial barriers to receiving care.

To download and print brochures, click on the brochures available below:

If you'd like to make a tax free donation to this 501(C)3 non profit organization, please contact Susanne Schroeder at or go to GiveMN.