PCES Title 1
Welcome to Pine City Elementary Title 1
What is Title?
It is the nation's largest federal assistance program for schools. The goal of Title 1 is to help every child get a high-quality education.
How does Title 1 work?
Federal, state and local governments work together. The federal government provides funding to the state.
To get funds, each state must submit to a plan describing:
- what all students are expected to know and be able to do
- the standards of performance that all students are expected to meet
- ways to measure the school's progress
How Title 1 helps children.
Title 1 schools work to:
- identify students most in need of educational help (students do not have to meet income standards to qualify)
- set goals for improvement
- measure student progress using standards set in the state's Title 1 plan
Title 1 programs generally offer:
- more teachers and assistants
- more training for school staff
- extra time for instruction
- a variety of teaching methods and materials
- smaller classesScreen Shot 2018-11-08 at 5.28.37 PM