Deadlines & Documents
Two main target groups will be eligible to enrol in the program:
I] Excellent academic students with a Bachelor degree in Medicine, Biology, Biomedical sciences, (Bio)Chemistry, or related studies:
- from Erasmus MC
- from another Dutch university
- from an international university
II] Excellent non-academic students with a Bachelor degree from an Applied Sciences University (laboratory colleges or equivalent), only after nomination by their college:
- from Applied Sciences University Rotterdam
- from another Dutch Applied Sciences University
- from an international equivalent
The applicant should have a good working command of the English language, both oral and written. Foreign applicants whose native language is not English should submit the official score of either one of the approved English Language Tests (TOEFLS or IELTS).
Requested documents for the application
For ALL applicants:
- The completed Application Form
- A Motivation letter
- A Resumé
- List of your grades and diplomas
- At least 2 letters of recommendation from your professors, teachers or supervisors
- Copy of the personal data page in your passport (non-EU) or ID-card
For foreign applicants whose native language is not English a copy of a recent:
- TOEFL test (Test Of English as a Foreign Language) with minimal score:
- 550 for paper based test
- 213 for computer based test,
- 80 for internet based test,
- IELTS test (International English Language Testing System) with minimal score: 6
- Interviews will be scheduled between 16 -30 APRIL 2018:
- For students living in the Netherlands interviews will take place at Erasmus MC
- For students living abroad, interviews will be done using webcams through an internet connection (Skype)
- First week of MAY 2018 at the latest all students will be informed whether or not they are admitted.
- The 1st Summer Course for Class 2016-2018 starts on Monday 3 September 2018.
Again APPLICATION DEADLINE:
- 1 APRIL 2018 9.00AM CET
For all Research Master programs at Erasmus University Rotterdam (EUR), tuition fees for non-EU non-EEA citizens are € 18.000/year.
As Research Master Infection & Immunity, we only have a very limited number of very competitive personal scholarships available.
Netherlands Fellowship Programmes (NFP)
The Netherlands Fellowship Programmes (NFP) which has provided fellowships for professionals from 51 countries is currently being phased out. The aim of the programme, which was initiated and funded by the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs, is to help reduce the shortage of skilled workers in the selected countries, through training courses and programmes that are facilitated by Dutch higher education institutions.
On 1 July 2017 the Netherlands Fellowship Programmes (NFP) entered a new phase as a new programme under the name Kennisontwikkelings programma (KOP).
KOP aims to advance the development of the capacity, knowledge and quality of both individuals and institutions in higher and vocational education.
Grantfinder is a fast and easy-to-use scholarships search engine. Students can use Grantfinder to look for available sources of funding for their study in the Netherlands.
Students from the USA PLEASE NOTE that Erasmus University Rotterdam and Erasmus MC are eligible:
- for the Sallie Mae Smart Option Loan:
- as well as the Parent Loan:
Are you looking into a job in the field of research and are you considering The Netherlands as your new workplace? Welcome2NLResearch will help you by providing all kinds of useful information, regarding topics such as work, housing and documentation. For instance, how to prepare the necessary documents in your home country to make sure your health insurance will be accepted, or everything you need to know when arranging your housing. Welcome2NLResearch also provides you with information on where to look for job openings in The Netherlands.
Have you already found a job and are you coming to The Netherlands? Welcome2NLResearch will help you to prepare yourself, with a checklist of things to do and arrange before arrival as well as after arrival. The app also contains additional practical information, for example in case you are coming with family and/or pets.
The app starts with an intake form, where you can select your country of origin, the institution you will be working for or want to work for (university, research institution, or university medical centre), as well as the duration of your stay and the type of employment. Based on this information, the app will create a checklist of things to do and documents to arrange, so you can check all the boxes before you come.
The information section of the app contains details about how to prepare, arranging suitable housing, things you need to know, and additional information about bringing your family and living in The Netherlands. The main menu also provides the contact details of the fourteen Dutch universities, five research institutions and eight university medical centres.
Welcome2NLResearch app in Google Play store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=nl.sofokles.welcome2nlresearch
Welcome2NLResearch app in Apple Store: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/welcome2nlresearch/id1150805733?mt=8