“ERASMUS CHARTER FOR
HIGHER EDUCATION 2021-2027”
101013057 — Moving forward_ ITS.
"International TVET Strategy 2021-2027: Moving Forward 2030, Broadening Horizons" is aimed at promoting international training mobilities within the scope of VET education, ensuring equal opportunities for both trainees and trainers.
The goal is to ensure access to international study and internship mobilities, to the maximum number of students and teachers. Apart from full and equitable access to participants from all backgrounds , this proposal seeks to foster innovation and cooperation for example in terms of new methodological approaches to vocational assessment , ECTS credit system implementation and recognition. Encouraging active citizenship and sustainable development will also be part of the project agenda.
In general, this proposal focuses on moving vocational education forward by opening access to international training and education, ensuring inclusion. it also revolves around the need for innovative and sustainable approaches in terms of competency and capacity - building in vocational education and training contexts. Finally, the proposal seeks to meet European Commission priorities for 2030 in terms of VET recognition system and active citizenship.
Expected results and outputs : apart from increasing the number of mobilities, exchange experiences and innovative practices (competency and capacity building, including foreign language learning proficiency, digital competence, open and sustainable vocational practices enhanced by virtual and blended learning environments) and improvement in ETCS recognition system
IES Pedro Jiménez Montoya will undertake to:
Respect in full the principles of non-discrimination, transparency and inclusion
set out in the Programme.
Ensure equal and equitable access and opportunities to current and prospective participants from all backgrounds, paying particular attention to the inclusion of those with fewer opportunities.
Ensure full automatic recognition of all credits (based on the European Credit
Transfer and Accumulation System – ECTS) gained for learning outcomes satisfactorily achieved during a period of study/training abroad, including during blended mobility.
Charge no fees, in the case of credit mobility, to incoming mobile students for tuition, registration, examinations or access to laboratory and library facilities.
Ensure the quality of the mobility activities and of the cooperation projects throughout the application and implementation phases.
Implement the priorities of the Programme:
o By undertaking the necessary steps to implement digital mobility management in line with the technical standards of the EuropeanStudent Card Initiative.
o By promoting environmentally friendly practices in all activities related to the Programme.
o By encouraging the participation of individuals with fewer opportunities in the Programme.
o By promoting civic engagement and encouraging students and staff to get involved as active citizens before, during and after their participation in a mobility or project.
WHEN PARTICIPATING IN MOBILITY ACTIVITIES
-Ensure that selection procedures for mobility activities are fair, transparent, coherent and documented.
-Publish and regularly update the course catalogue on the website of the Institution well in advance of the mobility periods, so as to be transparent to all parties and allow mobile students to make well-informed choices about the courses they will follow.
- Publish and regularly update information on the grading system used and grade distribution tables for all study programmes. Ensure that students receive clear and transparent information on recognition and grade conversion procedures.
- Carry out mobility for the purpose of studying and teaching only within the framework of prior agreements between institutions. These agreements establish the respective roles and responsibilities of the different parties, as well as their commitment to shared quality criteria in the selection, preparation, reception, support and integration of mobile participants.
- Ensure that outgoing mobile participants are well prepared for their activities abroad, including blended mobility, by undertaking activities to achieve the necessary level of linguistic proficiency and develop their intercultural competences.
- Ensure that student and staff mobility is based on a learning agreement for students and a mobility agreement for staff validated in advance between the sending and receiving institutions or enterprises and the mobile participants.
- Provide active support to incoming mobile participants throughout the process of finding accommodation.
- Provide assistance related to obtaining visas, when required, for incoming and outgoing mobile participants.
- Provide assistance related to obtaining insurance, when required, for incoming and outgoing mobile participants.
- Ensure that students are aware of their rights and obligations as defined in the Erasmus Student Charter.
Ensure equal academic treatment and the quality of services for incoming students.
Promote measures that ensure the safety of outgoing and incoming mobile participants.
Integrate incoming mobile participants into the wider student community and in the Institution’s everyday life. Encourage them to act as ambassadors of the programme and share their mobility experience.
Provide appropriate mentoring and support arrangements for mobile participants, including for those pursuing blended mobility.
Provide appropriate language support to incoming mobile participants.
Provide incoming mobile students and their sending institutions with transcripts of records containing a full, accurate and timely record of their achievements at the end of their mobility period.
Ensure that all ECTS credits gained for learning outcomes satisfactorily achieved during a period of study/training abroad, including during blended mobility are fully and automatically recognised as agreed in the learning agreement and confirmed by the transcript of records/traineeship certificate.
Ensure the inclusion of satisfactorily completed study and/or traineeship
mobility activities in the final record of student achievements (the Diploma
Encourage and support mobile participants upon return to act as ambassadors of the programme, promote the benefits of mobility and actively engage in building alumni communities.
Ensure that staff is given recognition for their teaching and training activities undertaken during the mobility period, based on a mobility agreement and in line with the institutional strategy.
Activities and participants
Main activities: promoting mobilities, especially international internships, study visits, and cooperation with other european institutions involved in vocational education and training.
Mobilities and study vists will be subject to COVID protocols and national/ internationsl regulations.
Participants: VET trainees and trainers at IES Pedro Jiménez Montoya. The number will range depending on the action.