Duties of Officers, International Council and Executive Committee
(Chapter III, Bylaws)
1. The International Council shall formulate policies and shall authorize disbursements of the Academy’s funds, except that the endowed funds of the Academy shall be spent only after specific authorization by a two-thirds majority vote of the voting members present at a general business meeting of the Academy or of those voting when polled by correspondence. The International Council shall have authority to act for the Academy in all matters except those otherwise specifically provided for in the Constitution or Bylaws.
2. The Executive Committee, in addition to other duties provided for in the Constitution or Bylaws, shall prepare a budget for the approval of the International Council and shall make necessary adjustments according to circumstances, provided, however, that the changes are within the framework of the general policies determined by the International Council.
3. The President shall appoint such committees as are necessary for the proper administration of the Academy’s affairs.
4. The duties of each Vice-President shall be to represent the Academy and coordinate the activities of the Divisions in his/her area.
5. The Secretary shall maintain a central office for the transaction of the business of the Academy and for the housing of the Academy’s documents. He/she shall submit to the Executive Committee and to the International Council a report of all transactions.
6. The Treasurer shall collect dues and other funds, disburse monies, and submit to the Executive Committee a financial statement that will be audited by a Certified Public Accountant. The audited report shall be kept permanently. He/she shall also submit an estimated annual budget to the Executive Committee.