Our Mission and Values
Music is an essential part of life, important in the development of the whole person’s education. Music engages learners in developing self-esteem, self-discipline, cooperation, creativity, and self-motivation necessary for success. The skills and technical qualities involved in creating, recreating, and interpreting works in the fine arts provide for lifelong appreciation.
Together, as the instrumental program at Hinton, we dedicate ourselves to build upon our foundation of excellence in music through mutual responsibility, discipline, and trust. By consistently giving our personal and collective best, we will continually raise the standards of each performer and ensemble, fostering the potential of the program and achieving success regardless of any competitive results. Through commitment and morality, we will foster cooperative relationships within the bands to create a welcoming environment in which excellence is most easily achieved. With this, we will give our best effort to positively encourage each other to be accountable to this standard of excellence while serving and gifting our families and community with our love for music.
Ensembles & Classes Offered
- 5th Grade Band (meets twice weekly with individual or small group lessons)
- 6th Grade Band (meets 2-3 times weekly with individual or small group lessons)
- 7/8th Grade Band (meets 2-3 times weekly with individual or small group lessons)
- 7/8th Grade Jazz Band (meets before school once a week)
- High School Concert Band (meets daily with individual lessons)
- High School Pep Band (meets as needed for home Football and Basketball games)
- High School Jazz Band (meets before school twice a week)
- Music Theory (1 Semester: Independent Study)
- Jazz Theory (1 Semester: Independent Study)