Senior Portrait Information
Echoes 2024 Hamburg High School
**The following specifications are required of senior portraits to be printed in the 2023 yearbook. Every year there are Hamburg Seniors who submit portraits that do not meet specifications and their portraits are rejected for publication. Seniors, it is your responsibility to make sure your portraits adhere to these specifications.
**Students must submit their senior portraits to Mrs. Winters (via Google form: here) by FRIDAY, OCTOBER 20, 2023. It is the student’s responsibility to be sure an appropriate photo is submitted for publication. It is not the responsibility of the studio to deliver these photos to Echoes. The yearbook staff does not notify seniors whose photos are not received.
IF WE DO NOT RECEIVE PORTRAIT PHOTO, we will use the photo taken in Phys. Ed. during the first week of school.
In order to be accepted for publication, your portrait must be:
● a .jpg file - no .png or .tiff files - Several students were left out last year because their photo was in an incorrect format.
● minimum of 640 x 800 pixels and 300 dpi.
● FILE name should be in Last name, First name format - YOU need to change it.
1. Head and Shoulder appearance: We will accept ONLY head & shoulder forward-facing, freestanding shots. Full body shots will not be accepted. Do not crop the photo close to the head & shoulders. Photos with a student leaning into a prop (such as a wall) may not be accepted. Hands must not be at shoulder level or above. Hats, bandanas, sunglasses, etc. are not permitted. No props in photos. Photos must be in color.
2. Background: must be a traditional portrait background. Outdoor backgrounds are acceptable IF no distracting elements are in the background.
3. Clothing: Clothing must be school appropriate. Please do not wear strapless tops, When they are cropped, you appear nude.
DO NOT EMAIL PORTRAITS TO MRS. WINTERS.
IN EARLY NOVEMBER , PHOTOS RECEIVED WILL BE POSTED OUTSIDE THE YEARBOOK ROOM (215) FOR STUDENTS TO VERIFY THAT WE HAVE A PHOTO, THAT IT IS THE CORRECT PHOTO AND THE SPELLING OF THE NAME.
THE YEARBOOK STAFF WILL NOT RESPOND TO INDIVIDUAL EMAILS ABOUT RECEIPT OF PORTRAITS UNTIL THAT TIME.