We offer the following tools and resources. Some of these resources are specific to Hunterdon County, New Jersey, USA. We will continue to add resources as we find them.
Crisis Intervention and Help
- 2nd Floor of New Jersey: youth have access to confidential help through phone or text (1–888–222–2228).
- Suicide Prevention Lifeline: access their hotline at 1–800–273–8255.
- New Jersey Hopeline: the New Jersey Division of Children and Families also offers a hotline at 1–855–654–6735.
- Hunterdon County Mobile Response: 24/7/365 in-home stabilization services are available for youth, ages 4–18 in Hunterdon, Somerset, and Warren Counties. Their hotline number is 1–877-652–7624.
- Hunterdon County Family Crisis Intervention Unit: receive immediate counseling to help stabilize a family crisis through their 24/7/365 helpline at 1-908-788-6400.
Talking to Youth about Traumatic Loss
- Advice for talking to teenagers about a suicide, from NYU Langone Health
- Advice for helping a child who has lost a friend to suicide, from the Society for the Prevention of Teen Suicide
- Tips for talking about traumatic loss with children of all ages, from SAMHSA