An Open Source Project
These are open-source projects. They make use of a number of digital technologies, for the coordination of various materials, including Django (digital framework), Solr indexing system, Music Encoding Initiative standards (for the encoding of musical notation), and VexFlow (for the representation of musical notation in html5). We are especially grateful to Richard Lewis at Goldsmith's College, University of London for the initial development of this resource.
Code Repositories can be found in the following locations:
- A Django Framework supports all the interactive features;
- MeiView supports the presentation of musical examples with dynamic features;
- MEI Massaging provides important processing features as MEI files move from original transcription to presentation via the web;
- The SibMEI Plug-in the permits the direct export of Siblelius files as MEI; specific engraving rules for Sibelius show how to prepare your files for export are shown in this guide . See the Minimal Example (as Sibelius and PDF) for an example of how this looks in practice.
- We will be happy to provide advice on our methods and tools. All materials produced by the project team are available according to the terms of the Creative Commons license Attribution-Noncommercial-NoDerivative Works 3.0 Unported.