HANCOCK ISD NO. 768
DISTRICT STRATEGIC PLAN
Hancock Public School exists to develop in all students the skills, knowledge and passion to be life long learners.
Our Vision is to see…
· students committed to the learning process through engaged teachers, parents, staff and community.
· students who learn and demonstrate 21st Century skills and knowledge
· students who identify and apply their individual strengths.
· Effective and innovative instruction
· Developing and teaching healthy relationships
· Parent and community involvement
· Personal responsibility and accountability
· Honesty and hard work
· Giving back to our community
· Create an environment for students to be committed to the learning process
· Incorporate 21st Century skills and knowledge into the curriculum
· Create an environment that identifies individual strengths and applications
· Recognize student accomplishments
· Have high expectations for student performance
· Incorporate technology in all areas of instruction
· Effectively evaluate student performance and use evaluation data to drive instruction and improve curriculum
· Provide individual assistance that is targeted to improve student performance
· Engage parents, teachers, staff and the community in school activities and learning opportunities
· Provide opportunities for students to learn and develop their individual strengths.
Mrs. Cronen's Counselor Action Plans
Recognize student accomplishments
- Write Letters of Recommendation for college entrance and scholarships
- I do guidance lessons on student's strengths and then recognize and share them in class.
- When I notice progress in a student's grade I will praise them and tell them how proud I am of the improvement.
Have high expectations for student performance
- Follow the Discipline Policy that Encourages Appropriate Performance and Behavior
- Teach study skills and personal social skills and implement the skills taught.
- Meet with students who are on the deficiency reports. We set goals and develop plans to improve academic performance.
- Incentives for positive performance
Incorporate technology in all areas of instruction
- Do the Learning Style Inventory online to help students identify their learning style and associated strategies to assist with their academic performance.
- Use Minnesota Career Information System (MCIS) -which is an internet based system that helps the student learn about occupations, understand education and training options, research college and technical schools, find scholarships, financial aid, start a job search and create a resume.
Effectively evaluate student performance and use evaluation data to drive instruction and improve curriculum
- ACT, NWEA, PSAT, AVAB and MCA-results available to utilize
- Meet with students to interpret the results from the various tests and discuss career planning as well.
- Attend workshops and conferences
- Individual counselor assessments
Provide individual assistance that is targeted to improve student performance
- I am available to meet with students for personal, social or academic support.
- I meet with seniors to discuss college options, post-secondary requirements, scholarships, and their academic course plan. Students have an academic plan to assist them in meeting their education and career goals.
- I encourage daily planner usage.
- Communication with parents-email, phone or speak to personally.
Engage parents, teachers, staff and community in school activities and learning opportunities.
- Organize and Chaperone the College Fair and Career Fair in Morris
- 10th grade advisor
- Organize the Hancock Scholarship program
- Community improvement projects-leaf raking
Provide opportunities for students to learn and develop their individual strengths
- Guidance lessons aimed at helping students know their strengths and utilize them.