This effort is part of a long-range facilities plan that includes other upgrades that will be addressed through capital reserve funds. But despite yearly budgeting for ongoing maintenance, like with many other districts across the State, the needs of school facilities in Hackensack are far too great to address without additional funding. Below are the needs that have been identified for each school that will be addressed through this project.
Long-Term Facility Needs
Middle and High School
Why Not ECDC?
- Not enough space
- Cost of rent and maintenance
- Need for full-day Pre-K
- No playground
- May require transportation/busing due to location
Projected School Enrollment Increases
Address current and projected enrollment/capacity needs
- Elementary’s: PK-2 (current PK-4)
- Middle School: Gr. 3-6 (current 5-8)
- Create a new Gr 7-9 School
- High School: Gr 10-12 (current 9-12)
Alterations, Renovations and Upgrades to existing schools