2018-2019 Milestones Test Dates for Berkeley Lake Elementary 3rd - 5th Graders:
To ensure that our students are ready to perform at their best on this task, we offer a few testing reminders for our 3rd, 4th, & 5th graders:
- Get a good night’s sleep before each testing day.
- Try to avoid late sports practices or games, late night TV, and late night electronics. When students are rested they are able to concentrate and do their best on the test.
- Eat a light, nutritious breakfast each morning before testing.
- Food is the fuel that powers the body and the brain. Fruits, carbohydrates (such as breads) and proteins (such as eggs) work best to give students testing energy.
- Be in school each day and on time.
- Schedule any doctor or dentist appointments in the late afternoon during the week of testing.
Lunch Schedule Changes During Testing
Please note that the lunch schedule will be different during the two weeks of GMAS testing. We encourage parents to wait until testing is complete on May 1st before coming to eat lunch with your child.
The guides below are provided by the state and are intended to serve as a resource for parents and students. They contain practice questions and learning activities for each content area. The standards identified in the Study/Resource Guides address a sampling of the state-mandated content standards. Click below for a study guide:
Documentation: This section provides written directions for the Test Practice area.
Tutorial: A short video provides students with directions for getting into the practice test and how to use the tool buttons within the test.
Test Practice: This will take you to the actual Test Practice Application. It is highly recommended that users view the Tutorial video first.
Test Practice Directions.
- Click on the white "Online Tools" words beneath the GREEN "End of Grade."
- Click on the white words "EOG Test Practice" on the top left corner.
- Click on Standard Online tools
- Click on Grades 3-5
- Sign in with the username and password they give you on the screen
- Click the Continue button and work your way through the practice area.
This is a paid subscription site, to which Berkeley Lake already has the subscription. All students have been working in Education Galaxy already this year, but to have students work on specific state standards, students should select a topic under "My Study Plan" once a subject has been selected. The topics under this area come from Georgia state standards. If your child does not know his/her Education Galaxy log in, please email Jessica Hill.
Additional Practice Tests & Resources
NOTE: While several of these resources are hosted by non-commercial providers, others are free materials available at sites which may contain promotional content and/or links to other commercial sites. The inclusion of any of these free resources is not an endorsement of any company or product, and LCES receives no compensation for listing any resources in this collection of free practice items for enriching academic skills and increasing familiarity with GMAS question styles.
NAEP Question Tools
FREE Georgia Milestone Assessment System (GMAS) practice tests and sample questions for Math and Language Arts. Includes technology-enhanced questions. Try it now!
Lumos Georgia Milestone Assessment System (GMAS) practice resources were developed by expert teachers for students in Grades 3 to 8. Hundreds of grade specific questions in both Math and English language arts literacy are designed to familiarize students with the state-adopted content standards. New item types are included in the GMAS assessments of 2017-18.
Students will get instant feedback along with diagnostic reports. The resources included here are a part of the Lumos SkillBuilder and GMAS Practice Program. It is ideal for diagnosing student learning difficulties, intervention, remedial programs and standardized test preparation.
The Daily Practice Site is a website developed by another GCPS school (Rosebud Elementary) which provides links to A Question of the Day for each Georgia Milestones subject for Grades 3-5. The questions are generated from the USATestPrep site. Click they Daily Practice image above to get to the site.