My Google Account
If you are a graduate from a BGRD Div. 4 school - Beaumont, Calmar, Devon, Leduc, New Sarepta, Thorsby or Warburg you may have been directed to this page to help you migrate your digital footprint from your BGRS Gmail account to a public or post secondary account.
This also applies for students transferring out of BGRD to another educational provider prior to graduation.
Your account will be active for 1 year but not accessible to you. This will allow a forwarding email to be added to the account that will work or one year. The account will continue to receive email and forward to an account you specify, a non-BGRD email account.
In addition to forwarding email you will need to use Google's My Account to save any content, past emails, contacts, etc. to a file that can be imported into another Google account or other 3rd party software in the future.
Download your data or move it to a private Gmail:
My Account - is used to export all Google account information
To download data:
Start your download
- Sign in to My Account.
- "Transfer your content" should be an option on the main page, if not go to data and personalization section
- If you have a private Gmail account or a post secondary Gmail account enter it as your destination
- Note: BGRD accounts have unlimited storage, private accounts will have storage limits with the ability to purchase more.
- To download the data as an archive scroll down to Download your data and follow instructions to create your archive.
- Choose the file type that you’d like your data in and how you want to get it (either by a download link or directly into your Google Drive).
Once the archive is created, you’ll get an email to let you know it’s ready. Depending on the amount of information in your account, this process could take a few minutes or several hours, but most people get their link the same day they request it.
Add a forwarding account:
Forward all new emails - this will work until your account is suspended.
- Open the Gmail account that you want to forward from.
- Click the gear in the top right.
- Select Settings.
- Select the Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab.
- Click Add a forwarding address in the “Forwarding” section.
- Enter the email address you want to forward to.
- For your security, a verification email is sent to that address. Open your other email account and find the confirmation message from the Gmail team. If you’re having trouble finding it, check your Spam folder.
- Click the verification link in that email.
- Back in your Gmail account, reload the page in your web browser - look for the reload icon top left .
- On the same Forwarding and POP/IMAP page in Settings, check that Forward a copy of incoming mail is selected and your email address is in the drop-down menu.
- In the second drop-down menu, choose what you want Gmail to do with your messages after they’re forwarded, such as keep Gmail’s copy in the Inbox (recommended) or archive Gmail’s copy.
- Click Save Changes at the bottom of the page.