What's Happening in the Library
People in the Library
Library Media Specialist
Hello! I am so excited to be here at Monarch Elementary School. This community is wonderful, and I am grateful to be a part of it!
I received my Masters of Library Science from Emporia State University in Kansas in May 2016. I have a B.S. in Elementary Education from Austin Peay State University in Tennessee.
When I am not in the library, I love to play basketball and volleyball, and will try to play other sports as well. I love sports, and March Madness is the best time of year. I like board games, hiking, music (especially country music), good food, playing the piano, and of course, reading.
Library Media Assistant
Hello and welcome to the Media Center! My name is Mrs. Moyer. I am the media clerk who will be helping Miss Gibson in the library and I am so excited to do so! I love reading, yoga, Ohio State football, and hiking with my amazing husband! We have 3 grown children and a pound pup named Jake and enjoy spending weekends at the lake! I feel very fortunate to be a part of this wonderful Monarch campus and look forward to watching our students grow! Happy Reading!
Highlights from the Student Handbook
· A signed parent note or medical excuse must be given to the office any time your child is absent.
· Any changes in afternoon transportation must be in writing and signed by the parent. Emails or phone calls cannot be accepted.
· Per Greenville County School District (GCSD) policy, early dismissals must be before 2:00 p.m.
· No volunteers are allowed in the building until 8:30 a.m. All volunteers must be out of the building by 2:00 p.m.
· Money is receipted by teachers first thing in the morning. All money must be turned in to teachers by 8:00 a.m. The office cannot accept any money.
· According to healthy school guidelines, no restaurant/fast food of any kind is allowed – healthy or not. To support healthy choices, birthday treats must be healthy, such as yogurt, fruit kababs, pretzels, graham crackers, and whole-grain muffins.
· To protect instructional time, forgotten items, except glasses, will be placed in the teacher’s mailbox. Forgotten lunches will be placed on a designated table in the cafeteria. Students can pick them up on their way to lunch.
· After afternoon dismissal, no students are allowed back into classrooms to retrieve anything they have forgotten after they have left the building.
· Due to class interruption and missed instructional time, students are not allowed to attend sibling performances.
· For safety precautions, balloons are not allowed in the building.
· Per GCSD policy, school personnel are not allowed to touch birthday party invitations. A student can distribute invitations if all students in the class are invited.
· The back entrance where car riders enter the building closes at 8:00 a.m. Even if a parent is in the line, students are considered tardy if they aren’t in the building when the bell rings.
· Please send correct change or check when paying for school fees, field trips, etc.
· It is vitally important to report head lice to Nurse Amy at 452-0604.
· Parents, please notify daycares of early dismissals and absences.
· Hair color should be a natural hair color. Non-human hair color is not acceptable.