J. L. Mann High School Attendance Office
160 Fairforest Way * Greenville, SC 29607 * (864) 355-6300
SUBMIT AN ABSENCE NOTE FOR YOUR STUDENT:
Click here to submit a Parent Note for your student’s absence(s). Please understand that not all Parent Notes are excused absences. THIS PARENT NOTE LINK IS NOT FOR EARLY DISMISSALS; early dismissal notes must still be physically turned in to the Attendance Office by 8:45 am.
ORIGINAL MEDICAL NOTES MUST BE BROUGHT TO THE ATTENDANCE OFFICE TO BE CODED "EXCUSED-MEDICAL."
- ATTENDANCE: Attendance is taken each class period throughout the day. Students are considered absent from a period if they miss more than half of that period. Students must remain in school for three hours to be considered present for the day. Therefore, they must arrive by 11:45 a.m. and leave no earlier than 12:45 p.m. to be considered present for their daily attendance record. To be considered for perfect attendance, students must be counted present in all periods every day throughout the school year, without exception.
- TARDY REGULATIONS: If a student comes into the classroom and leaves for any reason prior to the bell, including going to the bathroom or to obtain class materials, he/she will be considered tardy if the student returns to the classroom after the tardy bell. Students who are late to class with a pass from the attendance office will be considered "Excused Tardy." All tardy passes will be issued through the Attendance Office. Unexcused tardies will be cumulative. Any student not in class when the bell rings will report to the Attendance Office to get a tardy pass. Attendance will log the unexcused tardy to maintain the cumulative total of unexcused tardies. If a student drives to school, driving privileges may be suspended for tardiness to school. Discipline for tardies is as follows:
Unexcused Tardies 1 - 5 = Warning
Unexcused Tardies 6+ = Detention
If a student drives to school, driving privileges may be suspended.
Unexcused Tardies 6 - 10 = suspension of driving privileges for 10 school days
Unexcused Tardies 11+ to school = suspension of driving privileges for 20 school days
- TRUANCY: A student is considered truant when he/she accumulates three consecutive or five total unexcused absences.
- PARENT NOTES: Only the first ten parent notes will be coded "Parent Note." Per District policy, all subsequent parent notes will be coded "Unexcused."
- EARLY DISMISSALS: Students who plan to leave school during school hours should bring a note from the parent/guardian to the Attendance Office before 8:45 a.m. The Attendance Office cannot accept voicemail as an early dismissal request, only a written note that can be verified or a parent coming into the office can be accepted. Click here to view additional information regarding early dismissals.
- Click here to be redirected to the 2018-2019 Student Handbook for additional information regarding attendance.