Sherwood Park Education Centre
Welcome to Sherwood Park Education Centre. We are SPEC STRONG. We live and learn in Unama'ki.
Follow us @SherwoodParkEC
Welcome. Pjila'si. Bienvenue. Fáilte.
Sherwood Park Education Centre, is a technology-enhanced middle school, that opened in January, 1997. We are located in Sydney, Cape Breton, NS, Canada with a student population of 320 and a staff of 45. We are very pleased to provide a technology solution to our students. Our school has approximately 200+ workstations.
Sherwood Park Education Centre embraces a child centered learning environment with a focus on interdisciplinary teams integrating a large number of technologies and teaching/learning tools that lead to measurable outcomes.
Sherwood Park Education Centre strives to develop, in a safe caring and creative atmosphere, and through a process of shared decision making, and environment in which each student is motivated to succeed in her/his studies; as well as in extra and co-curricular activities according to his or her potential. Our school community endeavours to develop in all our students the self-discipline to act responsibly, a genuine caring attitude toward self and others, and a life-long love of learning.
ANNOUNCEMENTS MARCH 13, 2020
Classes are cancelled for March 13, 2020
The provincial government has created a webpage to share facts-based information about the coronavirus. This information can be found at www.novascotia.ca/coronavirus . We would encourage all families to take a moment to visit the webpage to learn more. Although the risk in Nova Scotia remains low at this time, it is flu season and health officials recommend the following routine prevention measures to stay healthy:
· Wash your hands frequently with soap and water or use alcohol-based hand rub when hands are not visibly soiled.
· Cough and sneeze into your elbow or a tissue. If using a tissue, immediately place it in a waste disposal and wash your hands.
· If possible, stay home when ill with acute respiratory symptoms; if this is not possible, limit close contact with others.
· Limit touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
· Don't share items that may have saliva on them such as drinking glasses and water bottles.
· Frequently clean surfaces like taps, doorknobs, and countertops.
Student Success Plan 2019-20
The Student Success Plan Goals :
- Improve numeracy skills, grades 6-8
- Improve reading comprehension, grades 6-8
- Improve student engagement in school