Welcome to the
Website @ BJHS
Please take a moment to navigate the pages of the BJHS School Counselling Website. You will find
1. information about the school counselling profession
2. updates on upcoming events at BJHS for students & parents
3. a calendar of events
3. a virtual space for students to learn about career, social or personal development opportunities
4. a virtual space for parents to find information on various topics
5. information on BJHS social justice groups' latest campaign
This website is under construction. Please check back often for additions!
School counsellors work with students, staff, and families to help students:
- Understand self and develop a positive self-image
- Show respect for the feelings of others
- Maintain effective relationship with peers and adults
- Develop effective study skills
- Peer Mediation
- Gain an understanding of the world of work
If you have any questions regarding school counselling or if I can be of assistance in any way please feel free to contact me. I have been teaching/counselling for 14 years. This is my first year at the school and I hope to build up a great rapport with students, staff and families.
Check out the School Counselling Services brochure
Needs Assessment Time
Thank you students, teaching staff and parents for taking the time to complete the survey regarding school counselling services at BJHS! This will provide vital information when it comes to developing interventions and learning opportunities for BJHS students and offerings for parents and teaching staff!!!!!
One method for determining service delivery is through a school wide needs assessment. Currently all students, staff, parents/guardians and community stakeholders have been invited to complete a survey about school counselling services. If you did not receive an email with the survey link, please contact me.