We Aspire to Great Heights
Checkout this Newspaper Article from The Weekly News
Link to Musical Folder
January 4th Notices
PARENTS AS CAREER COACHES (PACC): Middle/Junior High
Why should I attend a PACC session?
While school staff and others play a role in a child’s career journey, studies have shown that parents have the most impact. Other studies have shown that the ideal time to begin exploring careers is with children in junior high. PACC will provide you with:
· information that will help you understand and deal with the many twists and turns that can occur.
· course selection information.
· details on critical skills and personal qualities required to be both competitive and successful, in the work force.
· resources, which will provide information on specific jobs, labour market demands, education/training requirements, salaries and much more.
· a parent guide designed to help you work with your children throughout their career journey.
· a student workbook, which provides your daughter or son with information and activities to:
· Identify interests and skills
· Research occupations
Who should attend?
Parents (grand-parents, foster parents, aunts, uncles etc.) of students in grades 6 to 9.
What have other parents said about the program?
This very popular program has received consistently strong ratings, from parents, over the 6 years. 98% of parents who rated this program as either “Excellent” or “Good”.
Here are a few comments, from parents, who have attended PACC Middle/Junior High:
“I cannot thank you enough for this course. It was excellent and I feel like I got a lot out of it. It was very inspiring.”
" Excellent content, clear, easy to follow”
"Enjoyed the program. I am now more aware of different careers so I can help my children find the right one for them"
"I didn’t know what to expect, but I found the program informative & helpful – a very positive approach to the “big unknown” of career choices. Very much enjoyed this session."
The Middle/Junior High program takes one evening to complete.
School: Redcliff Middle School
Date: Mon. Jan 21, 2019 (Snow Date, if required, Thurs. Jan 24)
Time: 6:30 pm to 8:45 pm
Location: Redcliff Middle School
You can register for an upcoming session at https://www.ednet.ns.ca/cbl/parents-career-coaches/sessions If you do not have internet access or do not wish to register on the website, please contact the school office to add your name to the session list.