Career Guidance and Placement Unit
Govt. Engineering College, Sreekrishnapuram
Mannampatta P.O., Palakkad, Kerala -678633
The placement assistance operations are coordinated by Career Guidance and Placement Unit (CGPU). The activities are prescribed and monitored by a committee comprising of staff and student representatives.
CGPU performs the following functions:
1. Invite companies to the campus and arrange campus recruitment drives.
- The Career Guidance and Placement Unit (CGPU) sends invitation letters, along with the Placement brochures to various organisations.
- On receiving the reply, CGPU forwards the details of the eligible students to the company.
- A mutually convenient date is fixed for the recruitment drive.
- State-of-the-art facilities, for conducting the recruitment is provided by the unit.
2. Imparts placement oriented training to the members with emphasis on soft-skills.
- Conducts aptitude training to help the students enhance the speed and accuracy during competitive examinations.
- Conducts mock aptitude exams to prepare the students for competitive exams.
- Conducts mock group discussions, mock interviews etc. to help the students to face the job interviews with confidence.
- Provides industrial training to students during their course of study.
- Organize lectures, seminars and visiting faculty programmes by experts in industries and academia to familiarise the students with the current trends and opportunities in the job market.
- Provides counseling service to the needy members.
3. Helps the students to find internship opportunities in companies.
- Based on the requirements provided by companies CGPU suggests suitable candidates to them.
- Candidates are selected for internship in the company for a duration of 3/6 months.
- Based on the performance of the students during the internship period, they are offered suitable positions in the company.
4. Provides information and assistance to students aspiring for higher studies
- Help the students with information regarding the opportunities for higher studies in India and abroad.
- Help them to prepare for competitive examinations like GRE, GMAT, TOEFL, GATE, CAT, Bank examinations etc.