Middle School Band
2018 - 2019 Music. We will perform the march "Valley Forge" for marching band during the 2018-2019 school year. You can listen to it here and download the sheet music here. Start working on the music now so you will be prepared.
2018-2019 GAMS Band Calendar. Please add these dates to your calendars. Students will receive a paper copy in the fall.
1. Greencastle-Antrim Middle School Band. High School Band/ Football Night
When: Report 5:45
Where: Middle School Band Room
Ends: Approximately 9:30
On Friday, October 19th, the middle school band will join the high school marching band at a home football game. The time to report dressed in jeans and the band t-shirt (if they arrive in time) is 5:45 in the middle school band room. Watch the temperature for the evening, please bring a coat or sweatshirt. The band will march to the stadium with the high school band (with instruments), perform both Star Spangled Banner and Valley Forge on the football field at 6:45 as well as play in the stands during the game. Students will be released during the 3rd quarter to eat and socialize so please bring concession stand money if you would like. The evening will end once we watch the high school band perform after the football game. – my best guess is 9:30.
2. Band t-shirts are in. I placed them in your band locker.
3. Jazz band sectionals: We will meet from the bus bell until 3:15. October 24th is for the rhythm section (drums, keyboards, bass), and October 31st is for all saxophones, trumpets, and trombones. The full jazz band will begin in November.
It is about time to clean those instruments. Brass instruments need a bath, woodwinds can clean their mouthpieces with soap and water and everyone can take a soft cloth and wipe off fingerprints. See my website for detailed instructions - NEVER put a woodwind instrument (flute, clarinet, saxophone, oboe, etc) in water - NEVER EVER! Brass instruments (trumpet, trombone, baritone, tuba) water cannot hurt it - it will not rust. Give them a bath.
- The BEST way to get better as a musician is to take private lessons. I suggest every student take private lessons.
- If you're waiting for a sign... this is it, do it. It will be amazing