West GA RESA Georgia Academy for Preparation & Pedagogy Program (GaTAPP)
The Georgia Teacher Academy for Preparation and Pedagogy (GaTAPP) is a classroom-based teacher preparation option for individuals who have the basic qualifications to teach elementary, middle-grades or secondary education but have not completed a teacher preparation program. The GaTAPP Program is not intended to replace traditional teacher education programs. It is, instead, an alternative option for individuals who hold a Bachelor's Degree or higher from an accredited institute but who did not complete a teacher education preparation program that leads to certification. Georgia TAPP seeks to equip teacher-candidates with the skills to ensure a reasonable expectation of initial success in their classrooms, and to put in place a supervised internship/induction program that will help teacher-candidates to move toward subsequent mastery of teaching.
School Systems Served:
Please note that to be considered for the WGRESA GaTAPP Program, an individual must have already secured a full-time teaching position in one of our participating member systems: Carrollton City, Carroll County, Coweta County, Harris County, Heard County, Meriwether County,and Troup County.
Applicants Should Understand:
- WGRESA RESA only provides training for the GA TAPP Program.
- WGRESA RESA is NOT able to guarantee applicants who have completed the eligibility program a position in schools. Individual school systems remain the hiring entity. West Georgia RESA supports area school systems by screening potential teacher-candidates who want to pursue an alternative route to teacher certification.
- A related degree is required for our program (the only exception to this rule includes Special Education).
- For general questions regarding the program or application process, please email <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
- Eligibility may only be determined after a teacher-candidate's file is complete. See Next Steps below for details of the application process.
- The GaTAPP Program is designed to be an 18-month program for middle and high school teacher candidates. The duration of the GaTAPP Program for elementary teacher candidates is 24-months, reflecting additional state requirements for training and support.
Please read through the Program Overview, Subject/Degree Requirements, Next Steps, and Payment and Fees information linked from the icons below. Then, if you wish to apply, you may access the online admission application for the 2019-2020 WGRESA GaTAPP, Pre-TAPP, or Essentials Program from the icon below.
West Georgia RESA Pre-TAPP Program is a two-week program for individuals who have not secured a full-time teaching position yet are interested in becoming a teacher. To qualify for this program, participants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Completed application with $50.00 processing fee (non-refundable)
- College transcript reflecting a 2.5 or higher overall GPA in a completed four-year degree
- Payment of the Pre-TAPP Program tuition ($500.00)
- Successful completion of the two-week Essentials of Teaching course