West GA RESA Georgia Academy for Preparation & Pedagogy Program (GaTAPP)
The Georgia Teacher Academy for Preparation and Pedagogy (GaTAPP) is a classroom-based teacher preparation option for individuals who have the basic qualifications to teach early childhood, middle-grades, secondary or P-12 education but have not completed a teacher preparation program. The Program is not intended to replace traditional teacher education programs. It is, instead, an alternative option for individuals who hold a Bachelor's Degree or higher from an accredited institute but who did not complete a teacher education preparation program that leads to certification. Georgia TAPP seeks to equip teacher-candidates with the skills to ensure a reasonable expectation of initial success in their classrooms, and to put in place a supervised internship/induction program that will help teacher-candidates to move toward subsequent mastery of teaching.
School Systems Served:
Please note that to be considered for the WGRESA GaTAPP Program, an individual must have already secured a full-time teaching position in one of our participating member systems: Carrollton City, Carroll County, Coweta County, Harris County, Heard County, Meriwether County,and Troup County.
Applicants Should Understand:
- WGRESA RESA only provides training for the GA TAPP Program.
- WGRESA RESA is NOT able to guarantee applicants who have completed the eligibility program a position in schools. Individual school systems remain the hiring entity. West Georgia RESA supports area school systems by screening potential teacher-candidates who want to pursue an alternative route to teacher certification.
- A related degree is required for our program (the only exceptions to this rule include Special Education and Early Childhood Education).
- For general questions regarding the program or application process, please email <email@example.com>.
- Eligibility may only be determined after a teacher-candidate's file is complete. See Next Steps below for details of the application process.
The application window for our next WGRESA GaTAPP cohort will open on November 1, 2017.
Please read through the Program Overview, Subject/Degree Requirements, Next Steps, and Payment and Fees information linked from the icons below. Then, if you wish to apply, you may access the online admission application into the 2018-2019 WGRESA GaTAPP, Pre-TAPP, or Essentials Program from the icon below.
West Georgia RESA Pre-TAPP Program is a two-week program for individuals who have not secured a full-time teaching position yet are interested in becoming a teacher. To qualify for this program, participants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Completed application with $50.00 processing fee (non-refundable)
- College transcript reflecting a 2.5 or higher overall GPA in a completed four-year degree
- Payment of the Pre-TAPP Program tuition ($500.00)
- Successful completion of the two-week Essentials of Teaching course
The West Georgia RESA TAPP Program is currently not accepting applications. Please return in November 2018 when a new cohort will begin.