Welcome to Rodriguez Cheer! Here you will find all you need for our cheer program, both 7th and 8th.
We are very proud of our Vipers and have high expectations for our cheer squads. Please read and email with any questions.
Being a cheer member provides for many girls their first opportunity to share a common bond and a close relationship with others. Learning what it means to work very closely with other girls and share in accomplishments and frustrations are all part of being a cheer member. To remain an active cheer member, a girl must maintain a passing grade in each of her classes and uphold all guidelines established in the Rodriquez Cheer Constitution.
Becoming a cheer member means becoming a member of a team; a team that WORKS together, IS together. Leadership of a team is important, and members often have the opportunity to cultivate and demonstrate leadership abilities. Performing before an audience helps each young lady develop self-assurance and poise.
Cross Oaks Annual Character Parade. Vipers take pride in community and involvement.
Tryout Process- Mandatory Meeting Feb 26th OR 28th @ 6 pm
Application- DUE March 4th
- Application is open to any Rodriguez Middle School incoming seventh or eighth grade student. Student may print or get copy from front office or print online.
- Selection is based on 7 aspects:
- Parent Meeting attendance
- Teacher recommendations (3) Electronic Form
- Absence/Discipline referrals (number and severity) Electronic Form
- Essay question answers Electronic Form
- Sixth or seventh grade report cards
- Copy of Current Denton Denton ISD Physical
- Try- out, Clinic Attendance and Attitude
- If a child is unsatisfactory in 2 of the above aspects, she/he will not be eligible for the Rodriquez Cheer Squad.
- Cheerleaders who do NOT turn in their packet on time are NOT eligible to try out.
NO LATE PACKETS WILL BE ACCEPTED!
DUE MARCH 4th
Above- 2018-2019 Rodriguez vs. Calhoun
Below-Vinny saying Hi! to his littlest fans!
Below- Viper Cheer's biggest fans!
Yatishe Milner- Assistance Principal & Renee Koontz- Principal.
Grace Cox with the cutest Rainbow Fish from Cross Oaks Character Parade.
McMath Tigers and Rodriguez Vipers
8th Grade Cheer at UCA Camp, girls took home Superior!
You need to open with student Denton ISD account. Due by March 4th at 3:45 pm
You need to open with student Denton ISD account. Essay must be completed by March 4th at 3:45 pm
You need to open with student Denton ISD account. Please go to attendance office and give name and ID# before March 4th at 3:45 pm
You need to open with student Denton ISD account. Candidates must have 3 from teachers all submitted by March 4th at 3:45 pm
You need to open with student Denton ISD account. Due with paperwork on March 4th at 3:45 pm. Please have hard copy. If you need more time, please contact Coach Dorman
Thank you to our Sponsors!
If you or your company is interested in support Viper Cheer, email email@example.com