Welcome to the McMath Orchestra website!
Since the program began in 1998, the Orchestra Program at McMath Middle School has established itself as a strong program full of committed students who strive for excellence. Sincerity, responsibility, passion and respect for the arts are core principles that we instill upon our flourishing program. With these principles, we continue to fulfill our mission of providing McMath the highest quality string program possible.
I am an orchestra member-What do I need to know?
1. Go to www.dentonisd.org select McMath Middle School, click Activities, then select Orchestra.
2. Familiarize yourself with the tabs, particularly the Calendar. This Calendar is updated when necessary. Please check often.
3. Pay your Orchestra fee of $45.00 by September 5th. Checks made out to McMath Orchestra. (Special arrangements/payment plan can be made with Mrs. Segapeli.)
5. Read the Orchestra Handbook on the website and submit the Medical Form and Handbook Form via google doc. Located under the “Handbook and Forms Page”
1. If you are a brand-new student to orchestra I will size you for an instrument the first few days of school and give you all the information to rent from an approved store.
2. If you will be using a district cello or bass (in addition to renting from a company) pay the DISD Instrumental Usage Fee of $125.00 on or before September 30th.
7. If you are a violinist or violist bring a standard size dial combination lock for your orchestra locker by August 17th.
8. You do NOT need your instrument the first day of school.
9. Supply List
1. Instrument and Bow, extra strings
2. Black Binder
3. Shoulder rest for Violin and Viola
4. Pencil (at your stand each day)
7. Soft cloth
8. Combination lock for violin/viola lockers
9. Rock stop for cello/bass
10. Copy of your Method Book(s):
§ 6th Grade and Concert Orchestra: Essential Elements for Strings Book 1,
Essential Elements for Strings Book 2
§ Sinfonia: Essential Elements for Strings Book 2
I am so excited to meet you and work with your kids! I look forward to meeting you!
Director of McMath Orchestras
Sam Houston Strings