Tutoring at the Academic Success Center
The ASC offers FREE drop-in group tutoring and tutoring appointments for over 100 courses Clemson courses.
Most tutoring is offered in the Class of '56 Academic Success Center Building on the first floor in both the open, tabled study space and tutoring rooms. Tutors wear name tags and signs on tables identify the specific courses.
Tutoring is an active-learning activity that can help you develop the skills and mindset you need to master a subject. If you find the content in a course challenging, our trained peer tutors can help. Free tutoring is offered for over 100 undergraduate courses. Please review our tutoring schedule and attend discuss difficult course concepts, ask questions, and work practice problems with a trained peer tutor:
- Business Concepts : ACCT 2010/2020/3030/3110, ECON 2000/2110/2120/3140/3150, FIN 3050/3060, FIN 3110, MGT 2010/2180, STAT 3090
- Business Math: Math 1020/2070
- Sciences: Engineering and Applied Sciences: CE 2010/2080, CPSC, ECE 2010/2020/2220/2620 IE 2100/2800/3010/3600/3610/3810, ME 2010/2030/2040, MSE 2100, PHYS 1220/2210
- Sciences: Physical, Life and Health-Related: BCHM 3050, BIOL 1030/1040/1100/1110/1230, CH 1010/1020/1050/2010/2230/2240, PHYS 2070/2080
- Specialized Subjects: ASTR 1010/1030, ANTH, HIST, PHIL and other Humanities, PSYC 3090/3100, SPAN 1010/1020/2010/2020/3050, STAT 2220/2300 (For STAT 3090 please refer to Business Concepts above)
- STEM Math: MATH 1040/1060/1070/1080/2060/2080 and MATH 3110
MATHLab: Provides an interactive study space for students enrolled in MATH 1040/1060/1070/1080 and MATH 1020/2070 on Mon-Thurs 12:00-4:30 ASC 1st Floor Orange Tutor Zone
- A limited number of appointments are available for CH 1010 and STEM Math courses. BEFORE booking an appointment, please read all policies and instructions.
Don't see your course listed on one of the tutoring pages? If you need assistance and have already verified that your course is not supported by PAL or tutoring, please complete our Course Assistance Request Form. After you submit the completed request form, an ASC staff member will contact you for a follow-up meeting to learn more about your needs.
While we always encourage students to utilize free ASC drop-in tutoring for courses that we support, we are excited to promote our partnership with Tutor Matching Service as an additional resource for Clemson students. This is an online tutor list/marketplace that allows students to identify tutors for both online and in person tutoring sessions. To allow tutors more time to support students, TMS facilitates scheduling, booking, and payments. Tutors set their own rates, and clients pay directly through TMS with a credit card. For more information on Tutor Matching Service, please check here.