According to Frisco ISD COVID Protocols, “If a student displays symptoms of COVID-19, the school nurse will conduct a clinical evaluation to determine if the symptoms are consistent with COVID-19." Symptoms consistent with COVID-19 are as defined:
● New onset of at least two of the following symptoms: fever or chills, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, or diarrhea, or
● New onset of at least one of the following symptoms: cough, shortness of breath, or difficulty breathing.
After evaluation, it was determined your child is displaying symptoms consistent with COVID-19. Students with symptoms must quarantine until the individual’s symptoms have improved and one of the following:
● at least 10 days have passed since symptom onset;
● the individual receives a negative test (proof of negative test required);
● or a physician identifies the individual’s symptoms as something other than COVID-19 (doctor’s note confirming that the doctor reached an alternative diagnosis required.)”