Meet the multiage teachers!
Kristi Hardy- Gilson
Kristi Hardy-Gilson is from the mid-coast area and attended Camden-Rockport High School. She lives in Lincolnville with her husband Douglas, and has two children, Jaclyn and Trajan.
Kristi joined CRES in 1991 and began working with families, administrators and colleagues to create the K-2 primary multiage program. After a 2-year program with the Midcoast-School Leadership Network Kristi pursued her graduate degree at UMO receiving a masters degree in educational leadership.
M.S. Educational Leadership, University of Maine Orono, 2006
B.S. Elementary Education, University of Maine Farmington, 1990
Sallie Mae First Year Teacher Award, Sallie Mae Foundation, 1992
B.S. Elementary Education. Montana State University
M.S. Ed. Curriculum and Instructional Strategies. University of New England
I feel grateful to work in a community where I grew up. It has allowed me to extend our classroom projects to include various community members to deepen student understanding.
"Almost all creativity involves purposeful play."-Abraham Maslow
About the Multiage
For the Child:
• Children can build relationships with the same teacher and classmates over a period of years.
• Children help each other and learn from others on a daily basis in a sibling- like atmosphere.
• Children can benefit from academic pacing of the curriculum over a three-year period.
• Routines and expectations are familiar from one year to the next.
For the Teacher:
• Know each child well and have a deeper understanding of the child’s strengths and needs.
• Gain comprehensive knowledge of student abilities through ongoing assessment moving from year to year.
• Familiarity with at least half of the children in the classroom each September.
• Additional time to address the learning style and skill sets of each student.
• An opportunity to create a cooperative, noncompetitive environment over a 3 year span.
7:50-8:15 Morning Meeting
1:15-1:30 Quiet Time
1:30-2:15 Flex Time
2:20 Dismissal for students being picked up by parent
2:30 Bus dismissal for students riding the bus
Specials Classroom Contacts
Sarah Mann Art - https://sites.google.com/fivetowns.net/cres-art
Ursula Crosslin Music -
Eric Martin P.E. - https://sites.google.com/fivetowns.net/physicaleducation
Debbie Messervey Library - https://cres.fivetowns.net/student_services/library
Julie Speno Español - https://sites.google.com/fivetowns.net/laclasedeespanol
Susan Conover Guidance