Public Records Request
Fife School District allows public access to information concerning the administration and operations of the district as provided by the Public Disclosure Law. Public Records requests must be directed to the Public Records Officer. The Public Records Officers may be contacted through any of the following methods below.
Please include the following:
Name, Address, phone number, and email address of requestor.Detailed description of the records and information sought.The date the request is submitted.
After We Receive Your Request
Within five (5) business days of receipt of a request, the Public Records Officer will do one or more of the following:
- Provide copies of the record(s) requested or make the record available for inspection—or, in the alternative, provide an internet address and link to the District’s website where the specific record can be accessed (provided that the requestor has not notified the District that he or she cannot access the records through the internet) ; or
- Acknowledge that the District has received the request and provide a reasonable estimate of the time it will require to fully respond; or
- Seek clarification of the request; or
- Deny the public record request with a written statement as to why it is being withheld and a citation of the specific exemption (RCW) that applies.
Fees for Records Request
As per Procedures 4040P, the fees for for records are as follows:
- Review of records at the district office - no cost.
- Printed or Photocopied materials - $.15 per page.
- Records that are scanned into electronic format - $.10 per page.
- Electronic documents - $.05 per each 4 electronic files or attachment.
- Electronic transmission - $.10 per gigabyte
- Digital storage media, postage and supplies used to mail copies - Actual Costs.
For more information please see our Policies and Procedures.