Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports
The Fairfield Local School District is committed to the implementation of PBIS in grades K-12. Included is general information regarding PBIS.
Through the implementation of PBIS, Fairfield Middle and High Schools hope to move from a climate of external discipline to a climate of internal reward. The goal of PBIS is to create a safe and successful learning environment for all students.
WHAT IS PBIS
PBIS is a framework for systems to indentify needs, develop strategies and evaluate practices toward success that:
- Diminish challenging behaviors
- Improve climate, culture, safety
- Increase learning outcomes
- Increase responsibility for behavior
- Teaches appropriate behavior
- Self-regulate behaviors
- Reinforce desired behaviors
- Increase social behavior
- Embed data-driven decision making
The PBIS matrix is an explanation of expected behaviors in all common areas of our buildings.
PBIS INCENTIVE PROGRAM
- SCRATCH-OFF TICKETS - students can earn snacks, candy, drinks, t-shirts, athletic game tickets
- LOCKER CLINGS - locker clings awarded for being respectful, responsible and/or kind
- POSITIVE OFFICE REFERRALS - given by staff
- Quarterly incentives for no minor incident reports